Oz Volvo Nationals 8-10 November - register today! ozvolvo.org/nationals

240 fuel pump upgrade

Hi guys, I seem to remember reading on here somewhere that there's a Walbro direct fit upgraded fuel pump to suit 240s. Just need to know a part number and where to get one. Also need to replace the in tank pump, are you guys just using standard Volvo turbo ones? The car had a Holden 5.0 in it and is running the stock pumps at present. Thanks, Marty

Comments

• Vee_QueVee_Que (@Vee_Que) South Eastern suburbs Melbourne.
    Got another car? turbo 740 pumps are an upgrade and don't really have flow issues, a walbro does fit the in tank pump. But external, bosch 044.
  • Hi Alex, yes I bought another 240. Red 92 wagon from Frankston had the plates TWO4TY. Drove it up to Brissy a few months ago and doing some work on it before mod plate and rego later in the year. I'm sure you Melbourne guys will know the car.
  • Vee_QueVee_Que (@Vee_Que) South Eastern suburbs Melbourne.
    Not particularly actually! But awesome.
  • I just used the 740T intank pump and upgraded the external pump to an 044.
    Easy option
  • Thread revival!!
    If i was to upgrade the internal tank to a Walbro, can I then eliminate the main external pump or should/could I up grade to Bosch 044?
  • With a suitable walbro you can eliminate the external pump.
    Ramrodfunk
  • Brehon47Tiny (@Brehon47) Western Sydney

I have a 244DL 1974 plated but apparently is considered a 1975. I'm advised that the petrol pump is unique to the 74/75 244. I have further info that all 75-78 or 79 models have the same petrol pump.

The original pump bears Volvo part number 460821- Bosch part number is 0580254996

Can anyone assist with a good used - or new - pump?

I'm also told 2 series pumps from 81 onwards can be fitted but require significant modification.

Any help to locate a suitable pump would be appreciated.

Tiny

• Is the car kjet or carb?

• Assuming it’s injected as you say elec fuel pump. IIRC there is NO in-tank pump in the 75 240...only the under-floor one. That Volvo P/N you stated looks like the pump that fits a lot of 2-series cars (see below), so it shouldn’t be hard to source. Try Google the Volvo P/N or Bosch P/N and you’ll see sources for it overseas (likely cheaper).

Thanks Greg I have relied on the mechanic for the part number and assumed he was reading from the pump fitted to my vehicle. The pump runs but has a broken shaft so it should be correct It is an external pump that also has an I have been told that my 1975 was atypical in that the pump was not fitted to any other Bob from Launceston has an extensive information that I'll work through over the weekend. The chap working on my 244 is doing his best So: hopefully it will see the 244 up for sale soon I've spent a small fortune on it and have to move on. Thanks for taking the time to respond, I'll post when it drives back into my garage, Tiny

carnut222

It's a kjet

carnut222