Al's XC90

Comments

• Went to the canteen at work earlier to get a coffee and got trapped by a Maxxia lady. I was unable to resist when she asked me do you want a cookie and is there any particular car I like.. I said 'Yes, the new XC60 that's about to come out'. Anyway, she had my details logged before I could react. So my $4.50 coffee could cost me $80,004.50 if I'm not careful. I must resist any further action.. Why would give up my XC90 I own outright that I maintain myself.. it's cheap luxurious motoring.
    gavinhegadsVee_Que
  • I bought something for "Project Big Screen"..

QmNjNAu.jpg

bHo9PEh.jpg
    Vee_Que
  • bezels galore. Replacing the stereo?
  • Yep. I wont need the filler bezels as what I'm getting is bigger than the big hole.
  • bigalbigal (@bigal) Tasmania
    edited September 2017
    This 10.1" or the 8" version. Will do some detailed measurements soon and see what fits ok. 10.1" will be pushing the limits.

https://www.carjoying.com/au-warehouse/794.html

1Qgn2gQ.jpg

And after speaking to people in the UK and here in Aus I will need this cable converter (unless someone else knows of a cheaper alternative):

http://www.connects2.com/Product/ProductItem/CTSVL004.2

Examples of what they can look like in the car:

SXo817M.jpg

5ZADP4w.jpg

Unsure where that large bezel cut out was sought from.. perhaps was custom made. I may settle for mine sitting out like the top one.
  • snazzy stuff. It'd be nice to have aux in at least. I need to add that – on other cars i've soldered in a wire, that's all I really need. Well, BT would be nice.. looks like there are some kits for that but as usual they're stupidly pricey.

when does the HU arrive?
    edited September 2017
    hmm.. when my funds start looking healthy again. Just going to chip away at it bit by bit.

That cable is best part of $300 through the Aus reseller (TDJ Australia Pty Ltd).

Maybe all in by end of the year.. got to get the 145 on the road asap which is a priority over this.
  • Just did some volvo driving and smacked the front left into barrel full of water whilst manourvering a trailer in my land. Scuffed the black plastic corner only but it's visible scuffs etched into the plastic and bothers me.

Oh well.. bound to hit something in this big boat. Glad it's not a brand new $100k xc90.
  • Vee_QueVee_Que (@Vee_Que) South Eastern suburbs Melbourne.
    edited October 2017
    Why would you pick them over known brand head units that fit easily in a din slot? It's a full android computer but Chinese quality right?
  • Two reasons..

I hate startup warning/caution screens every time the car is started. These units don't have this annoyance.

Plus I want something bigger than double din to fill the area.
  • Ex850RSnoopy (@Ex850R) Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.
    Why would you pick them over known brand head units that fit easily in a din slot? It's a full android computer but Chinese quality right?

Find a product not made in China.
    The myth is now blown , bloody everything we buy is made in Asia....
  • pastryPastry (@pastry) Mittagong NSW
    edited October 2017
    Just did some volvo driving and smacked the front left into barrel full of water whilst manourvering a trailer in my land. Scuffed the black plastic corner only but it's visible scuffs etched into the plastic and bothers me.

Oh well.. bound to hit something in this big boat. Glad it's not a brand new $100k xc90.

BVD.

Will it come out with a bit of sanding? One thing about these cars is the price for even the silliest little spare at a wreckers. It's bollocks.
    edited October 2017

BVD.

Will it come out with a bit of sanding? One thing about these cars is the price for even the silliest little spare at a wreckers. It's bollocks.

Bovine Viral Diarrhoea??

I will loose that matt plastic finish if I sand it (looks like fine little dots/peaks in the finish (you know what I mean). Might see what FCP can do one for on my next order.
  • ah yeah good point. Then you'll have to do both sides and body colour them..

Tempted to do my door handles and door trim actually. The handles are rough as. Yours are probably painted?
  • pastryPastry (@pastry) Mittagong NSW
    edited October 2017
    sure you can work out BVD BTW m8
  • Buy Volvo's Daily!
    Ex850Rpieboyfresh
  • I got the sun faded light grey pov pack handles.
  • Ex850RSnoopy (@Ex850R) Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.
    See if Mark has any good ones? Good price for sure.
  • Gee, sounds just like my experience.