Carbon throttle spool cover
M58 Manual AWD conversion
04' V70R angle gear.
850R single mass flywheel and clutch

Lowered V70R suspension, nivomat rear
DVS front strut brace
DVS XR5/S40V50 T5 320mm front brake conversion
DVS (HEL) braided brake lines F&R
Impul 19 x 9.5 wheels +40 (corrected to +25 front, 0 rear)
Front 20mm billet spacers and stud conversion
Rear 40mm spacers and stud conversion
235/35R19 tyres

Rear lip spoiler
ABM headlamps
HID's
Headlamp eyebrows
Colour coded mirrors
Black XC grille and badges
SOYT window tint
V70R fatty steering wheel
V70R Blue face instrument cluster

Wood interior parts re-trimmed with Carbon wrap
Alpine head unit running factory amps and speakers
Clarion 12inch sub

Some Pics
hSxujF2h.jpg
gAJbMpJh.jpg
s4Drh2Zh.jpg
XUltADqh.jpg
KyE4RgHh.jpg
eJvoElch.jpg
HYbs9sOh.jpg
qVg0cSWh.jpg

Comments

• PaddlerEdPaddler Ed @PaddlerEd New England Region, NSW
    I think that the coupe is so much more elegant than the convertible... Horbury did this so well...
  • RobRob @Rob - Lockyer Valley, SE Qld
    edited November 2017
    Project Starts Here

I bought myself a C70.

It is a '98 C70 T5 Auto Coupe.

In pretty good shape but does need some work, will need a little paint on the LH Side as the clear has peeled, a couple of electrical niggles and a few other small misc. issues. Drives quite well, everything that counts seems to work. :)

nEhb7Fkh.jpg

Ok, question the first, is a manual conversion on a '98 C70 as straightforward as the 850. The little reading I have done suggests it is. I think it is '99 onward that requires ecu reprogramming type changes, can anyone confirm this?
  • Ex850RSnoopy @Ex850R Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.
    edited February 2014
    What a bargain! Well done!

Was same motor etc as the 850R so you are good to go , ECU was detuned for auto as was the R so a tune from ARD , talk to Lucky , just get him to provide an ECU for less cost than post to and back of yours from the US and he will make it a manual one and up the power/torque as much as you want depending on what you want to modify! WIN!
    Oh , I picked up a near new set of those wheels for $180 just before xmoz! I have two on the 70 , they look great!
    edited November 2017
    I quite like them, even the colour is good, car just needs to go a little lower.

Pictures after a quick Clean
    osF2b1ih.jpg
    DjWatC1h.jpg
    cN8xAm3h.jpg
    ujFPT6Ih.jpg
    9v96y1Fh.jpg
    a9s1TyHh.jpg
    ZrtF4Xfh.jpg
    edited January 2014
    I have IPD lowering springs sitting here! I found them only suitable for touring and windy road attacks , around town too harsh for me even with 16" wheels.
    Since I am back on 17s I am not sure I want em on myv70 but if I decide to put the 16s I have from an s40 on (require centre boring out tho...) I will use them.
    Ash may have springs available? Or H &R have em , I am getting parts from PFV Britain as post is cheaper than USA , they have the springs. Bilstein or if budget is no probs , Ohlins dampers are great , Koni adjustables are a bit harsher but Prolly cos they sat the front a little lower I noticed on my last v70. Actually the front koni's are probably available off my old wagon I could ask if you want?
    edited January 2014
    Yeah. I am certainly looking to do something so that would be good.

Does anyone know if there is any difference between the SC-900 and SC-816 other than the fact that the 900 takes 3 cd's. Is there a sound quality difference?

My C70 is fitted with the fancy-pants sound system with the dash mounted dolby blah-blah and quite honestly it sounds fantastic. The problem is that I hate, hate, hate the in-dash cd changer thing. Don't know why, just do. I own about 2 cd's so it also seems pointless having a device that will hold 150% of my collection. I would like to replace it with something that is essentially identical but has a single cd slot. I believe the sc-815/816 is the right one to do this but I do not want it to sound any different.

My 850R has the sc-815 and it sounds good but it is not fitted with the dolby business so cant really compare them. I guess I could always try the 815 in the C70?

any advice?
    I know the Dolby processor is a separate box somewhere around the car. There is a nice fat amp in the boot I think for the rear seat side panel and shelf woofers/MIDs. They are all Dynaudio , damn fine speakers! The other models had the Dynaudio option at a premium price but the standard spkrs were made by them and labeled volvo (to a price point) anyway.
    Why not try it?! Only the fascia will be different but that is possible to swap , carefully!
    edited January 2014
    Rob , check if yours has Nivomat self levelling rear dampers , the R should have em too , these actually work well with some nice sport front dampers and save you $$ not needing rears.
    If they are there and you want to go lower they don't recommend it but the R is lower on Nivos so its just safe marketing....
    If you want the rear dampers to change you need new top mounts off non Nivomat anyway.
    Ash has H&R springs.
  • 240JoeJoe @240Joe Geelong, Victoria
    It looks great Rob, well done!
    edited January 2014
    I got stuck into it today.

Replaced both front window regulator cables, expected this to be a shit of a job but wasn't as bad as i thought it would be. Adjusting the window position is the most time consuming part. While doing the LH door i noticed that the tab on the A pillar that the door check strap bolts to had broken off, don't know if this is common? Seems strange that it is the LH side. Removed the door (I love the door wiring plug and lift off hinges) cleaned it up and welded it back on. The passenger seat electric adjustment was not working, pulled the switch pack off, dismantled it, cleaned up the contacts and put it all back together, works a treat now. Refitted the headlight wipers as the previous owner had removed them 'because they are ugly'.. I like them. Lots of cleaning and testing.

I have put together a list of bits that I need/ want for it here ---> http://ozvolvo.org/discussion/335/c70-bits-wanted-maybe-s70v70
    I was told that the check strap was a common fault on the x70s when I got the one on my old V70R fixed
  • CamZHCam @CamZH Sydney, NSW
    my 850 has broken the drivers check strap twice.
    i have a replacement but cbf to fit it :)
  • SpacSpac @Spac Canberra-ish.
    Tell me more about the "lift off door". Our XC needs the driver's door done, but I've been ignoring it on the assumption that it was a big job.
    Provided it is the same as the C70.
    Undo check strap bolt if it is not already broken off. Remove the screw from the electrical plug, rotate it anti clockwise 1/2 turn and it is disconnected. Remove the grub screw looking bolt from the lower part of both of the door hinges. Lift door off.

Easy as shitting in bed.
    You have some odd tendencies Rob....
    ;) didn't say I enjoy it.. just said it was easy.
    edited January 2014
    Lol!
  • AshDVSAsh @AshDVS - Geelong, VIC
    I like it. charcoal canistos look good too. :)
    Visited the local wrecker today and grabbed a few random bits.

Fitted new internal rear vision mirror, the S70 at the wrecker had a manual internal rear vision mirror so the auto dimming version is out for now.
    Fitted new cup holder to replace the smashed one.
    Grabbed a couple of misc clips, screws, lenses etc that were in better shape than mine. I also grabbed the electric antenna, modified it to fit only to find it was not working, so fitted a new manual one that i had, will do for now until i get a replacement electric one.
    The wrecker's car was an '02 so I grabbed the grille with the updated badge, I swapped the wheel centre caps with the later ones that i had fitted to the 850R. I am going to paint the grille black, still trying to decide how much of it to paint but.

Also found a bloke who has a set of springs nearby, will check them out tomorrow.. Not sure what they are yet, hopefully they will be worth buying.

Decided to fit the manual box to this rather than sell it with the R, sorry prospective R owner.. May even start ripping it out tomorrow.