vmanifold10.jpg

vmanifold11.jpg

Discuss?

Comments

• A little more progress.

wastegate101.jpg

Also bought this...

exploder1.jpg

Removing 8.8" diff and some other bits and pieces for franken-lolvo-stein transplant. The rest will go in the bin.
  • RobRob (@Rob) - Lockyer Valley, SE Qld
    :-O

volvostrip2.jpg

Yes, this empty cardboard box is supporting a B230E. Winning.
  • Vee_QueVee_Que (@Vee_Que) South Eastern suburbs Melbourne.
    Still not done? All the ingredients look to be there?
  • All the ingredients except for time. Slow progress is still progress :P
  • Structural cardboard :-P

I did wonder if you were on here too. Man I love that green, to the point where I think I have said it every time I see this car.

Is the Ford offering up any other useful bits before death?
  • Tassie6erTassie6er (@Tassie6er) West Hobart, Tasmania
    Tassie6er
  • haha, should be a hoot to drive when it's finished, i like it
  • Slow progress still, don't have heaps of time and money to throw at this at the moment :(

Exhaust clearance, there is heaps! Pretty easy to snake the dump (3" here) around the shock tower and down the rear of the bay. Pretty good clearance everywhere and I haven't even cut the ears off the 4L80e.

dump19.jpg

dump20.jpg

Also started working shortening the pan a little bit.

pan10.jpg

I liked this photo too.

overhead10.jpg
  • y no 6l90?
    I think you need to add i was in an s80 with three wheels getting pulled backwards and was told to "hold on shit is about to get real".
  • y no 6l90?

- Too big
    - Too expensive
    - Needs separate transmission controller
    - Not as strong
    - Too complicated
    - No real benefits

:)
  • Ahh
    In merika its now cheaper and stronger and for sure faster
    Trans controler is sub 100 and lack of bands is instant win
    The auto builder guy I know reckons they are a lot better, the expense is the only realy excuse I see there, they are no more complicated than any auto used in any other RWD car. But they do handle more power... Wait, 4L8E? I guess they handle the power... Who's building it for you?

How's Andrew's 242 going?
  • The auto builder guy I know reckons they are a lot better, the expense is the only realy excuse I see there, they are no more complicated than any auto used in any other RWD car. But they do handle more power... Wait, 4L8E? I guess they handle the power... Who's building it for you?

If you are comparing 6L80e to a 4L60e, fair enough, the 6L kills it. However, this is a 4L80e. Very strong box that'll do 750hp without being touched and 1500hp+ with some small mods. I won't be building it, I'll put a Transgo kit through it and change the filter. That'll do for now. When it fails I'll build it up a bit stronger, but may never need to considering the weight of the car.

Andy's 242 is gone.
    So fresh clutches and bands and valve body work? Sounds right it will survive given its for a 4 tonne truck normally.
  • I was talking 6l90 from a larger truck... they are stupid strong
  • AndyAAndy (@Andy) Geelong
    edited January 2015
    The auto builder guy I know reckons they are a lot better, the expense is the only realy excuse I see there, they are no more complicated than any auto used in any other RWD car. But they do handle more power... Wait, 4L8E? I guess they handle the power... Who's building it for you?

Unfortunately the body was out of square so I cut the quarter panels off along with all the other 242 type pressed panel parts like the mid and rear pillar, all in one slab. If you know someone who would buy them let me know bud. i would be happy with 350 each side.
    I'll get something better when i'm finished with uni later this year but i'll probably go the route Adams going and dump in a turbo 6.0 in a 200 series 4 door crapper.

Ahh
    In merika its now cheaper and stronger and for sure faster
    Trans controler is sub 100 and lack of bands is instant win

The 4L80 works well with the PCM that Adam’s using. He could use the later ECM and TCM but they are more complicated and he’s already familiar with the PCM.
    PCS manufactures a trans controller for about $1200, they’re the only aftermarket trans controllers on the market that's designed for 6LXX transmissions. It also isn’t plug and play if the input torque is beyond the factory level. Calibration of a 6LXX trans is also incredibly difficult process with the PCS due to the trans being clutch to clutch.
  • I have been monitoring this closely on the commodore forum, it is an awesome toy.
  • More progress.

Hotside pretty much done, just need to add some flex and wastegates.

pipes30.jpg

pipes31.jpg

Radiator and headlight fits.

headlight1.jpg

headlight2.jpg

And the bonnet closes with about 15mm of clearance from the radiator. Perfect.

radiator21.jpg

radiator22.jpg

radiator23.jpg
  • BenBen (@Ben) Peter Harvey... Canberra