2019 Nationals in Bathurst are 8-10 November, just over three months away! Make sure to register at ozvolvo.org/nationals!

Stud pattern change

Been thinking about doing this since buying my 240 wagon. Is it easy and been done before? Thinking Ford/Hilux/Mazda 5x114.3 would be the go.

Comments

• Ex850RSnoopy (@Ex850R) Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.
    You can redrill some holes in the front hubs but the back is via wheel spacers with stud PCD changew that way.
  • Google tells me that there are a few manufacturers overseas that make 25mm aluminium adapters that convert 108 to 114.3. Anyone used them? I know spacers aren't legal in Aus but not sure about bolt on ones.
  • Volvo did an OEM spacer to adapt earlier 960 wheels to later 960's and in that application they are legal so not 100% not legal.
    I think @rob is using adapters on the C70.
  • RobRob (@Rob) - Lockyer Valley, SE Qld
    edited October 2014
    Sure do. I find it really silly that they are not legal "unless factory fitted".

Mine are well made billet spacers, they are hub and wheel centric and work a treat.

these are the rears @ 45mm, the fronts are 25mm

photo%202-923884099.JPG?m=1407412467

photo%203-981299799.JPG?m=1407412467
  • Vee_QueVee_Que (@Vee_Que) South Eastern suburbs Melbourne.
    You can use adaptors, I'll be using them on my 740t to ford/nissan/toyota/mazda 114.3 pattern. What wheels are you thinking of? The adaptors will be in your favor for high offset jap rims.
  • No idea at this stage what rims I'll run. The plan is to drop an LS1 into the car and use it as a daily driven sleeper. I'm keen to put some decent rubber under it when needed then go back to stock Volvo rims/ hubcaps for stealth mode.
  • Google tells me that there are a few manufacturers overseas that make 25mm aluminium adapters that convert 108 to 114.3. Anyone used them? I know spacers aren't legal in Aus but not sure about bolt on ones.

I had some custom made by Motorsport Tech in the US and they've been great. Mine are 20mm thick and are wheel and hub centric. I wanted them to be as thin as possible so I could run lots of dish with the BBS 3 piece wheels I have.
  • Any pics GingerNinja? What size/offset are the rims?
  • I need to take some better pics but the wheels are 16x8 ET5 on the front and 16x8.5 ET-2 rear.
  • If you could put some pics up that would be great, it's a 240?
  • RobRob (@Rob) - Lockyer Valley, SE Qld
    My 164 fitted with 20mm 5x108 to 5x114.3 adapters, the wheels are 19x9.5 +40... so corrected offset is +20.
    pre '75 164's have a 30mm wider track than a 240 so with a 240 rear end I would need 35mm adapters for a +5 corrected offset

photo%204-1382134935.JPG?m=1405763871
    photo%201-1019569744.JPG?m=1405763871
  • If you could put some pics up that would be great, it's a 240?

[img][/img]245atLakeBurbury_zpsa66582fc.jpg
  • I had some custom made by Motorsport Tech in the US and they've been great. Mine are 20mm thick and are wheel and hub centric. I wanted them to be as thin as possible so I could run lots of dish with the BBS 3 piece wheels I have.
    Yep, I got mine from there. I haven't used them yet though.

IMAG2359.jpg
  • Resurrection of an ancient post...

has anyone got the part number for these OEM spacers?

Im searching searching searching but have yet to dig it up?

the reason for asking is that I’d like to use spacers that’ll enable me to use FWD wheels on my 940 wagon and it’d be nice to quote the part number if I ever got pinged for having them on. I’m presuming that’d get me off the hook (fingers crossed).

Cheers,

Mark.

Spac
  • I doubt you'll ever meet a policeman that would know the wheels were different. The only time something would be found is if your car was involved in a fatal and the inspectors go through your brakes

kwikbrik
  • SpacSpac (@Spac) Canberra-ish.

Pretty sure that the part number is on Anthony Hyde’s page.

Specifically:

kwikbrik
  • Thanks @Spac

I’ve read over that a few times and it didn’t occur to me that I might be able to use the 740/240 part numbers to search for a specific 900 series part number (if it exists).

We’ll see what I can dig up now.

egads