🚲 Oz Volvo Nationals 2022 - Sawtell NSW - [VIC Drivers Meetup Only]

Thursday, 31 March 2022
RomerJon17ansett.747 @RomerJon17 Frankston, VIC
edited January 17 in Events

## Please aware, details may change without any notice ##

OZ Volvo Nationals Sawtell NSW has rescheduled from November 2021 to April 2022. For Volvo VIC meet up, on 31st March 2022, we all gather up at Ampol Foodary Tallarook North Bound between 9:00AM to 11:00AM. Final call 10:45AM and then leave 11:00AM. Anyone from Mornington Peninsula, Frankston or locally live near Frankston suburbs. There is a meet up between 6:30am to 7:30am in Carrum Downs Regional Shopping Centre. More details further down in this forum. From Melbourne to Sydney, we take three breaks. Each break we have at least 30 - 45 minutes break and refuel your tanks. When arriving to Sydney, I'll be staying at NightCap at Hume Hotel. If you wish to stay at Hume Hotel. Here is a direct link Hume Hotel to book online from 31st March to 1st April 2022. You can book any hotel/motel in Sydney.

Each stops are Caltex and AMPOL fuel stations. I do apologies they are not your favourible fuel stations but they're my preferrable fuel stations for my business fuel card. Please ensure that you have plenty enough funds to fuel up your tanks!

Next day on 1st of April, we'll all drive to Pie in the Sky where Volvo Oz owner James will meet up, and then we all drive to Sawtell. Questions or concerns? Drop your post below.

Reference - https://ozvolvo.org/discussion/14418/rescheduled-oz-volvo-nationals-2022-sawtell-nsw/p1

To stay in contact, WhatsAPP group will be created on 21st March 2022.

Google Map may take alternative route and shortcuts like Toll. Four destinations are added in Garmin GPS.

Melbourne to Sydney

31st March 2022

Google Map - Ampol Tallarook Foodary North Bound to Nightcap at Hume Hotel

DIRECT TO PHONE MAY TAKE ALTERNATIVE ROUTE

🔰 Start - Ampol Foodary Tallarook (North Bound) - Lot 2 Hume Fwy, Tallarook VIC 3659

31st March 2022 | 9:00AM - 11:00AM

1st Break (NSW & VIC BORDER) - Woolworths Petrol (Euro Garages Aus) – 515 Young St Albury, NSW 2640

228 KM - 2 HR & 9 MINUTES DRIVE

2nd Break - TASCO Ampol Tarcutta – Hume Hwy, Tarcutta NSW 2652

131 KM - 1 HR & 14 MINUTES DRIVE

3rd Break - Caltex Marulan - 10 George St, Marulan NSW 2579

255 KM - 2 HR & 24 MINUTES DRIVE

🏁 Finish - Nightcap at Hume Hotel - 501 Hume Highway, Bankstown, 2199

145 KM - 1 HR & 29 MINUTES DRIVE

Sydney to Sawtell

1st April 2022

Google Map - Pie In The Sky to Big4 Sawtell Beach Holiday

🔰 Start - Pie in the Sky - 1296 Pacific Hwy, Cowan NSW 2081

1st April 2022 | 10:00AM

1st Break - Ampol Foodary Nabiac - 3964 Wallanbah Rd, Nabiac NSW 2312

241 KM - 2 HR & 26 MINUTES DRIVE

🏁 Finish - BIG4 Sawtell Beach Holiday Park - 5 Lyons Rd, Sawtell NSW 2452

238 KM - 2 HR & 17 MINUTES DRIVE

Volvo OZ Special Group Meet Up

Hume Hotel to Pie In The Sky

Google Map - Hume Hotel to Pie In The Sky

More details in newer thread...

Peninsula Local Drivers Only

Carrum Downs Regional Shopping Centre to Ampol Foodary Tallarook

Google Map - Carrum Downs Regional Shopping Centre to Ampol Foodary Tallarook

More details in newer thread...

BenyBoyjamesinc

Comments

• Love your work - thank you!

RomerJon17
  • Hehe thank you.

It took me a while to get it organised.

I'll use my Garmin GPS to avoid TOLL in-case and use Highway as possible. The estimate cost to enter NorthConnex is $8.52 is ridiculous!

If I want to drive on Sydney Habour bridge, it's like $20.00+. Damn you can get it for free on West Gate Bridge, except Bolty bridge. xD

• jamesincJames @jamesinc Oz Volvo Ice Fortress
    edited June 2021

As you are coming through Sydney, I may be able to join you. With respect to tolls, if you do stay in Yagoona, then the easiest thing to do given that you won't be traversing Sydney during peak hour is to take the A6 from Yagoona up to Pennant Hills Road. Since the opening of NorthConnex, the traffic on Pennant Hills Road has dropped off significantly. Notably there is virtually no truck traffic anymore. My input as a local to that part of Sydney is that there's no point taking NorthConnex outside of peak hour.

My other input is that you may enjoy moving your Caltex M1 Northbound pitstop to Pie in the Sky, Cowan, although this will mean the leg from there to Newcastle will be about 1h50m. There's a couple servos a few minutes before it in Berowra. Pie in the Sky is a classic car and motorcycle hotspot although on a Friday morning it will be relatively quiet. Still! Highly recommend it just for the pies and the diversion from the monotony of highway driving.

RomerJon17BenyBoy
  • RomerJon17ansett.747 @RomerJon17 Frankston, VIC
    edited June 2021

That's alright. Pie in the skies it is. Yes I'm staying one night at Yagoona and we'll take A6 to M1, then enter Pacific Hwy. 👌

jamesinc
  • OZ Volvo Nationals Sawtell NSW VIC Meetup is rescheduled from November 2021 to March 31st 2022

• Hmm, IF we buy the XC40 EV, we may have to stop every 200 km to charge! :)

RomerJon17delorean_mineBenyBoy
  • delorean_mineNic @delorean_mine Mornington Peninsula VIC

Hahahah, good excuse for a rest stop! Looking forward to this in the new year. Hopefully by then border restrictions will be eased enough to make it possible...

edited November 2021

Just 150 days left to go!

Ex850Rdelorean_mine
  • gordonGordy @gordon Far north coast NSW

Hi,

Is this a drive to Sawtell NSW in 2022 for a club get together??

Can anyone on this forum join in?

I'm in Ballina, far north coast, and would love to come down to meet some of you people and to be a part of an event with others loving being in a volvo.

If someone could message me any details on date and where we are meeting so I can put in calender.

Looking forward to a trip and a gander at some of the cars that'll be there.

Thanks y'all,

Gordy.😎

SlowandSlow
    edited November 2021

Hi there Gordy,

This thread is only for VIC and NSW meet up. Here is a official thread of actual Volvo OZ.

https://ozvolvo.org/discussion/14418/rescheduled-oz-volvo-nationals-2022-sawtell-nsw/p1

jamesinc
  • gordonGordy @gordon Far north coast NSW

Oh yeh,

I see. Thanks for this link.

I'll get onto it now.

Cheers

edited December 2021

A special update... I will add new destination from Mornington Peninsula to Tallarook and avoid morning peak hour traffic at Metropolitan Fwy and avoid city link.

A special detour with sightview but extra 20 minutes. It may help to keep away traffic jam.

Starting point will be Carrum Downs Regional Shopping Centre who are from Mornington can join in for a group drive.

jamesinc
    edited December 2021
    To avoid boring and heavy traffic conditions. I have made a special detour with a good cruise instead on boring Hume Hwy with speeding cameras. The starting point is at Carrum Downs Regional Shopping Centre. You can fuel up, shop at Woolworths half an hour to buy some grubs or have a breaky at Hungry Jacks or Maccas.
    Any Mornington Peninsula Volvo drivers who are interested to drive from Carrum Downs to Tallarook. Contact me via PM if you like to join in.

Carrum Downs Regional Shopping Centre to Ampol Foodary Tallarook

31st March 2022

Google Map - Carrum Downs Regional Shopping Centre to Ampol Foodary Tallarook

🔰 Start - Carrum Downs Regional Shopping Centre, 100 Hall Rd, Carrum Downs VIC 3201

31st March 2022 | 6:30AM - 7:30AM | 228 KM - 2 HR & 9 MINUTES DRIVE TO TALLAROOK

🛣️ 1# - EastLink

🛣️ 2# - Ringwood Bypass

🛣️ 3# - Maroondah Hwy

🛣️ 4# - Melba Hwy [B-300]

🛣️ 5# - Goulburn Valley Hwy [B-340]

🛣️ 6# - Upper Goulbum Road [C-383]

🛣️ 7# - Main Road

🏁 Finish - Ampol Foodary Tallarook (North Bound) - Lot 2 Hume Fwy, Tallarook VIC 3659

APPROXIMATELY ARRIVE 9:00AM - 10:00AM

• 100 Days left to go!

I wish you all Volvo fans a safe Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! 😊❄️⭐☃️

jamesinc
    edited January 15

I've made a special tour to avoid TOLL, complicated turns and less loosing the group from Hume Hotel to Pie In The Sky. Any NSW and VIC drivers can join in group starting at Dutton Street.

Volvo OZ Special Group Meetup

1st April 2022

Google Map - Hume Hotel to Pie In The Sky

🔰 Start - Hume Hotel, 100 Hall Rd, 501 Hume Hwy, Yagoona NSW 2199

1st April 2022 | 8:30AM DEPENDING TRAFFIC | 48.6 KM - 1 HR DRIVE TO PIE IN THE SKY

🛣️ 1# - Check Point - The Ultimate Party Shop, 134 Dutton St, Yagoona NSW 2199 *NEXT DOOR*

🛣️ 2# - Check Point - Silverwater Bridge, River Rd W, Parramatta NSW 2150

🛣️ 3# - Check Point - Marsden Rd before Lawson St, Eastwood NSW 2122

🛣️ 4# - Check Point - Bowden Brae, Normanhurst NSW 2076

🛣️ 5# - ( Check Point - Ampol Foodary Berowra - FUEL UP )

🏁 Finish - Pie in the Sky, 1296 Pacific Hwy, Cowan NSW 2081

APPROXIMATELY ARRIVE 9:00AM - 10:00AM