🚲 Oz Volvo Nationals 2022 - Sawtell NSW - [VIC Drivers Meetup Only]

Thursday, 31 March 2022
RomerJon17ansett.747 @RomerJon17 Frankston, VIC
edited September 25 in Events

OZ Volvo Nationals Sawtell NSW has rescheduled from November 2021 to April 2022. For Volvo VIC meet up, on 31st March 2022, we all gather up at Ampol Foodary Tallarook North Bound between 9:00AM to 10:15AM. Final call 10:25AM and then leave 10:30AM. From Melbourne to Sydney, we take three breaks. Each break we have at least 20 - 30 minutes break and refuel your tanks. When arriving to Sydney, I'll be staying at NightCap at Hume Hotel. If you wish to stay at Hume Hotel. Here is a direct link Hume Hotel to book online from 31st March to 1st April 2022. You can book any hotel/motel in Sydney.

Next day on 1st of April, we'll all drive to Pie in the Sky where Volvo Oz owner James will meet up, and then we all drive to Sawtell. Questions or concerns? Drop your post below.

Reference - https://ozvolvo.org/discussion/14418/rescheduled-oz-volvo-nationals-2022-sawtell-nsw/p1

To stay in contact, WhatsAPP group will be created on 26th March 2022.

Melbourne to Sydney

Start - Ampol Foodary Tallarook (north Bound) - Lot 2 Hume Fwy, Tallarook VIC 3659

31st March 2021 | 9:00AM - 10:30AM

1st Break - Woolworths Petrol (Euro Garages Aus) – 515 Young St Albury, NSW 2640

228 KM - 2 HR & 9 MINUTES DRIVE

2nd Break - TASCO Ampol Tarcutta – Hume Hwy, Tarcutta NSW 2652

131 KM - 1 HR & 14 MINUTES DRIVE

3rd Break - Caltex Marulan - 10 George St, Marulan NSW 2579

255 KM - 2 HR & 24 MINUTES DRIVE

Finish - Nightcap at Hume Hotel - 501 Hume Highway, Bankstown, 2199

145 KM - 1 HR & 29 MINUTES DRIVE

Sydney to Sawtell

Start - Pie in the Sky - 1296 Pacific Hwy, Cowan NSW 2081

1st April 2021 | 10:00AM

1st Break - Ampol Foodary Nabiac - 3964 Wallanbah Rd, Nabiac NSW 2312

241 KM - 2 HR & 26 MINUTES DRIVE

Finish - BIG4 Sawtell Beach Holiday Park - 5 Lyons Rd, Sawtell NSW 2452

238 KM - 2 HR & 17 MINUTES DRIVE

BenyBoyjamesinc

Comments

• Love your work - thank you!

RomerJon17
  • Hehe thank you.

It took me a while to get it organised.

I'll use my Garmin GPS to avoid TOLL in-case and use Highway as possible. The estimate cost to enter NorthConnex is $8.52 is ridiculous!

If I want to drive on Sydney Habour bridge, it's like $20.00+. Damn you can get it for free on West Gate Bridge, except Bolty bridge. xD

• jamesincJames @jamesinc Oz Volvo Ice Fortress
    edited June 16

As you are coming through Sydney, I may be able to join you. With respect to tolls, if you do stay in Yagoona, then the easiest thing to do given that you won't be traversing Sydney during peak hour is to take the A6 from Yagoona up to Pennant Hills Road. Since the opening of NorthConnex, the traffic on Pennant Hills Road has dropped off significantly. Notably there is virtually no truck traffic anymore. My input as a local to that part of Sydney is that there's no point taking NorthConnex outside of peak hour.

My other input is that you may enjoy moving your Caltex M1 Northbound pitstop to Pie in the Sky, Cowan, although this will mean the leg from there to Newcastle will be about 1h50m. There's a couple servos a few minutes before it in Berowra. Pie in the Sky is a classic car and motorcycle hotspot although on a Friday morning it will be relatively quiet. Still! Highly recommend it just for the pies and the diversion from the monotony of highway driving.

RomerJon17BenyBoy
  • RomerJon17ansett.747 @RomerJon17 Frankston, VIC
    edited June 16

That's alright. Pie in the skies it is. Yes I'm staying one night at Yagoona and we'll take A6 to M1, then enter Pacific Hwy. 👌

jamesinc
  • OZ Volvo Nationals Sawtell NSW VIC Meetup is rescheduled from November 2021 to March 31st 2022

• Hmm, IF we buy the XC40 EV, we may have to stop every 200 km to charge! :)

RomerJon17delorean_mineBenyBoy
  • delorean_mineNic @delorean_mine Mornington Peninsula VIC

Hahahah, good excuse for a rest stop! Looking forward to this in the new year. Hopefully by then border restrictions will be eased enough to make it possible...