1989 240 Wagon 5 Speed Hobart

edited June 17 in For sale

Thinking of selling my wagon as it gets no use and just sits in the shed, Located near Hobart.

5 speed manual, clutch slips but no other problems i am aware of.

Comes with spare motor, clutch and flywheel.

Currently on SI rego, but am happy to provide a passed rego inspection report to put back onto full rego.

White in colour, blue interior, Very good condition.

regretful sale

$6000 offers invited

0421 180 464

carnut222jamesincBeelzebossGingerNinjaDW42AndoriaIpsoFactoVolDanpast_the_moon

Comments

• How many k's? :)

• Are you sure that isn’t a 1989

• 362000 and yep it's an 89 not an 88 got confused with my other one

• VolDanVolDan @VolDan Launceston,Tasmania

Hi @GUE555 your wagon looks nice from the photo. Perhaps you've already sold it?

I'm not interested at the moment, but if I was, I'd be interested to know what you've done to it?

The recent YouTube Hagertys 240 buyers guide will only be reinforcing what we already know, and won't be surprising to see the 240 prices continue to escalate.

@carnut222 has been doing a thorough and excellent job of prepping a sedan for sale and has given a price guide.

I'm currently rejuvenating an 85 245GLE (amongst others) and would prefer to drive it rather than sell. Regardless, would be helpful to learn from those who've gone before.

My experience is with the older vehicles, so just curious more than anything about how you've arrived at your sale price with respect to stage zero, maintenance, upgrades, etc? Feel free to PM.

Thanks,

D

• My 2c is that an lh2.4 m47 240 wagon in white is a very good thing and takes a bit of finding these days.

One in excellent condition such as this car (I've seen it and it has been very well cared for) is now a bargain at the asking price, IMHO.

There seem to be worse 240's advertised for more money than this on gumtree etc. quite regularly.

Good luck with the sale.

VolDan
  • I can't imagine it'll hang around long at that price.

VolDan