Skandix group-buy is back after the success of the first one. See this thread for more info

S/V/C70 2008 V70 T6 stereo upgrade/replacement

I couldn't seem to find any recent info on this. What are the options for replacing the stereos on these things? Something with Android Auto or wireless screen mirroring would be ideal, but I'd settle for something with Bluetooth that displayed track titles from my device.

Thanks

Comments

• Ex850RSnoopy @Ex850R Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.

Get a adaptor to hook into the OBD port that lets you run your tablet and mount it up over the inbuilt screen is going to be my solution. Blupower is one used but by all accounts its way overpriced and poor quality. Ive got a Creative Sound Blaster portable DAC at present hoked on my phone and quality is superb. So my tablet install will use that and/or an amp for better speakers and sub for music qual not dooff

That unit ( or other on that site )lets you use steering wheel controls and so many other inputs its brilliant.

I lean toward Android so a tablet of good size to fit on dash front not blocking my vents , wired in fully is my aim.

External controller amp to split the signal to the rest of speakers/amps etc....

Keep us informed , I need to do the missus S80D5 android or iPad screen too , I already have a CFE unit I got here from another peep. So if you order one we can share post charges for two!

BTW Volvo have a Bluetooth option but its so old its rubbish.

The adapter you buy for Bluetooth from phone to the cars audio AUX input isnt great either and of course no steering wheel control.

Id urge you to get a DAC wether in the new amp or like the Creative Soundblaster which is fantastic quality for little money ( actually on special NOW on the site ) , I bought a used E5 and a new G6.

• Hey @Ex850R , thanks for the info. So you just have the Sound Blaster connected to your phone and then through the car aux input? Is there that much difference between just going straight through the aux? How does the CFE unit fit in, other than allowing steering wheel controls? I honestly never use the steering wheel volume controls anyway.

I'd seen the Bluepower one, it was the one that kept coming up. I really liked the idea of that, and how it looked but yeah, the price was the killer. The tablet route is what I had been thinking, I just wasn't sure how best to set that up - tablet through portable DAC, and connected to CFE via wifi?

I had looked at this some time ago when I got the CFE but my memory is useless so I need to go into research mode again and have too many tabs open on two browsers ha!

At present I plug the DAC into the 3.5mm input , Bluetooth the phone to the DAC as I haven't the right cord to plug in it seems, even with losses over BT its an improvement. ( I use BT to connect the phone before anyway so can see improvement.) I use the volume on the DAC , have screen on phone on to let me swipe to change tracks without looking , I'm using Spotify playlists am going to Amazon music next for the high quality stream.

When I get the tablet setup I'll use a big storage card to hold music hopefully. Plus stream via wireless hotspot on phone.

If you look into the setup of CFE videos it is explained. I'll get onto that ......

The rest of the stereo setup, amps etc added in is not hard using high inputs from existing signal then out to the speakers.

patchyfogjamesinc
  • Ah okay, which Sound Blaster model did you get? @Ex850R

I need to do more research into the CFE, obviously. The website didn't really give that much info. I read about the VolvoTech one too, seems to get good reviews.

It's annoying that it's such a stuff around, but anyway, I plugged in my phone via aux today and cranked it - it sounded fairly decent. At least the doors and day weren't rattling like crazy, the way they used to in the 850.

• Sometimes like this?

Ive got the superseded E5 near new second hand and the new one on sale from Creative Australia G6.

Do you have Dynaudio system?

patchyfog
  • edited March 25

@Ex850R I'm obviously way more concerned with the swishing noise behind the dash that I didn't see that there actually is Dynaudio branding on dash speaker, however, not the one with the pop-up.

I'm gonna grab one of those Creative SoundBlaster DAC's I reckon, if only for the Bluetooth availability.

Thanks

• @Jamest5r_ that looks pretty cool, but more than I want to spend at the moment. Those $$$ could be put towards a new downpipe etc which seems much more fun. Thanks though.

Dynaudio system is mucho grande!

• @Ex850R it sure sounds pretty decent but I definitely need to add Bluetooth integration.

Presumably there's an app that allows non-LTE tablets to accept/make calls when connected to your phone. A 7" or 8" cheapo Android tablet for GPS and song titles etc is all I need, as long as I can answer calls with it.

Be sure the Sound Blaster you get has Bluetooth , my new one hasn't and has no internal battery like the E5 does.

No big deal if you get the correct cables.

I like that both have internal high quality microphones and a 3.5mm socket for external mic and a 3.5 input for a fibre optic music input if I ever go crazy with amps and splitters etc, a DAB+ Radio I have sitting somewhere needs an antenna but that's the plan.

Maybe some of this will go in her 2009 S80 as it's got nothing but cheap Bluetooth adaptor to the 3.5mm.

Unless we upgrade her to a 2013 S80T6.....

• I'm actually looking at the FiiO ones now. Though, I don't actually think I'll notice the difference if I'm honest @Ex850R

Look at reviews , The Sound blaster gets great reviews and amazed them at the price.

My hearing is reduced due to many reasons but the quality of sound is noticeable.

It is common fallacy that if you get old and can't hear anything will do but think about it, if you have hifi equipment that gives a better quality it is better as you hear more detail.

patchyfog
  • Fair enough, I had my eye on a FiiO that was about $50 second hand but I missed out on it, I'll get this sloshing sound and overheating issue sorted out and then focus on the stereo I guess @Ex850R

Did you think anymore about putting a tablet in there? Pretty certain it's the way I'll go now. Plus the Sound Blaster, obviously.

• I think that may be more then I need for cranking my rips of old Crass records @Ex850R . Though, I'm sure my 8 year old daughter will appreciate improvement when she plays DJ and we're blasting out Dua Lipa.

I just look at Dua...the music is meh.......she on the other hand.....