Wrecking - 1998 V70T

Comments

• 1971_144GL1971_144GL @1971_144GL Launceston, Tasmania

Hi Ash if the paint is good, can I put my name on the rear bumper, possibly front, passenger side fender, driver's door panels and plastic trim strip at the center of the drivers side rear door_ or perhaps the door depending on price.. They would be pickup.

I will also look over my car this week for anything else, it has sat a while and my memory is rusty.

• AshDVSAsh @AshDVS - Geelong, VIC

Paint on the front bumper is ordinary, particularly on the RHS. Structurally though, it's fine, but it has made sweet-love to many carpark blocks, been bumped against things etc.

Rear bar is better and is reasonably presentable. Passenger side guard has clear coat peel on the top surface but is straight. I'll have a look at the doors next week and post up some pics.

All of the body stuff is available - I'll need to remove the interior first before I take doors off it as I don't want the interior to get exposed to the weather.

@Brehon47 -

Regarding ABS and sensors, are you after the wheel sensors? If so, yes I can remove them for you.

Regarding the ABS/TRACS module (car has both TRACS and ABS) - Im not sure on this yet.

@GeorgeVolvo -

Centre console lid is decent but the cup holder insert/cartridge is broken.

The glovebox look looks good (agreed, its easier to swap the lid rather than remove and refit the trim insert)

The shifter surround looks fine other than needing a clean, same with the stereo surround. In short everything you need to swap to grey plastic from fake wood is there and appears to be reasonable.

I took another pic before we headed home last night but didnt post it up, so here it is. I'll head out to where I have it stored next week and take some more decent photos, as I start removing things.

rado
  • Ex850RSnoopy @Ex850R Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.

Ahh , the joys of unglued door inserts that are nigh impossible to fix...

The falling down kick panels with spindley plastic bits that crumble , geezo , Volvo really did one on us with this junk.....

Loving the P3 FOR NONE OF THE ABOVE!

My nostalgia nearly kicked in for a P80 to give the daughter , id rather lose my dough on the P3 and give her that!

Hahahahah.

Have fun with this homage to FWD V70R!

• Ex850RSnoopy @Ex850R Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.

USA got an AWD S70R.....

• GeorgeVolvoGeorge @GeorgeVolvo Melbourne, Victoria

Looks good to me! Let me know how much for the stuff & if all good then I’ll be happy to swing passed at your convenience to grab them.

Looks like there are some other goodies too I may be interested in.

Thanks for getting back to me & for all of the pics 👍

No worries @GeorgeVolvo , I'll come back to you next week with pics, detail and we can make arrangements to have you pick up.

If you want to shoot me a list of what you need as well - I'll tell you what I have, what's useful or damaged/ratty/not usable.

Since you're chasing largely interior parts, I can get those removed fairly soon.

Sounds great - thank you!

At this stage, from memory I also need:

• leather gear knob (mine is woodgrain also)
    • the little screws that hold the cover over the steering column (behind the steering wheel)
    • the little plastic cover over the screw in the door pull (as below)
    • coin tray (mine’s a bit melted/mangled)
    • climate unit if it’s better than mine
    • I assume it doesn’t have an auto anti-glare rearview mirror?

Thanks again!

edited April 7

I spent a couple of hours fossicking through it yesterday morning and now have a better understanding of what I have, whats in usable shape, etc

@1971_144GL -

Here's some exterior pics -

Rear bumper.

Structurally decent but rough. If your primary reason to swap is to swapover to something with better paint, this is probably not for you. If yours is split or damaged, this would be fine to have painted and swapped over.

Front bumper.

Again, structurally decent but heavy, deep scratches.

LF guard.

It's straight but the clear is flaking on the top surface (see picture above as well). Fine as a replacement for a damaged one, but if you're looking to swap for better condition paint, this one probably isn't for you.

Drivers side doors and centre moulds.

Drivers door is actually pretty decent, relatively mark/scuff free and paint looks alright. The same goes for the drivers side rear door. It might have been repaired at some point in its life as paint is noticeably better than anything on the passenger side.

@GeorgeVolvo

Some updates for you -

As it is a V70T, it doesn't have heated seats so doesnt have the coin tray with the holes for heated seat buttons - we can supply a brand new genuine one of these for you if you wish. The coin 'bin' looks a bit better than the one in your photos (pic below).

No auto anti-glare rearview mirror either, I'm afraid.

Coin bin.

We'd spoken about the grey console insert too. It's dirty but in otherwise decent shape. With a scrub, it'll look quite good. I haven't removed it from the console itself yet, but the console itself is definitely garbage.

Console insert.

I haven't removed the dash centre section or the glovebox lid yet but I will likely do that on Monday/Tuesday if I get a chance.

I'll check the climate control module on Monday/Tuesday too and snap a couple of pics.

I'll need the pull handle screw covers for the grey interior swap into my car.

Before I dispose of it, is there any interest at all in Beige V70 rear interior parts/pieces?

I've put the console trim and coin bin aside from you but havent been out to remove the glovebox lid or the dash centre trim just yet. I should get onto that next weekend.

No worries, I’m not in any rush. At your convenience - thanks again 👍

• radoSteve'o @rado Shoalwater WA

Any chance on just the 4 door handles (outside) Ash

Yep, No worries. I'd like to keep the doors latch-able until I'm finished pulling the interior out though. If you're happy to wait a little, then no worries.

• radoSteve'o @rado Shoalwater WA

Happy days , yep no problem waiting , gives me time to find a non locking front right to match .

AshDVS

@GeorgeVolvo -

Glovebox lid removed. Dash just about out - didnt have T30 torx screwdriver with me to remove the airbag from the steering wheel so I can get the wheel off though.

Once it's out, I'll separate the centre trim from it. After doing that, I'll give everything a quick clean so that the grey trim parts are ready for you.

Sounds great - thanks Ash! Sounds like you’ve been very busy!

Busy with other things but seem to get a couple of hours here and there to strip this and make forward progress on our V70T5 project.