S/V/C70 P80 V70R/AWD rear end bushings replacement

Just wondering if anyone has advice on the the rear end bushing replacements for p80 awd cars? Is it worth the effort?

Looking at the super pro poly bushings for all that are available (due to cost and ease in finding) and filling the rest with oe rubber.

Basing research off this topic http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/topic/171088-p80-awd-rear-suspension-and-misc-parts/

And a couple others.

Anyone one else done the mixed poly rubber route? How's NVH etc?

Comments

• Ex850RSnoopy @Ex850R Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.

Best go with Volvo OEM.

Poly chops out a lot sooner and the effort to get into a v70r rear end is epic.....

The old rubber lasted many years, keep it as the engineers built it.

I looked into it for my R and OEM was way cheaper at the time.

Or talk to @AshDVS .

• Thanks heaps for the recommendation. Will try to stick to rubber when I eventually do it.

There are certain bushings where I think only genuine is available. Others have genuine, poly but not oe (assume lemforder) available, hence poly being cheaper.

For example, 9169310 is apparently interchangeable with 127235. It's 55 usd per bushing for genuine and 4 are needed so 220 usd all up (approx 350 - 400 aud).

The only alternative I found was meyle and mtc. Melye is approx $15aud each = 60 aud all up. I have heard terrible things about mtc and Meyle rubber components seem mixed in reported reliability.

In comparison superpro 2012k was on sale for 75 aud a pair (150aud all up).

Will maybe just grab meyle, genuines and lemforders (where available) ☺

Talk to Ash, he can source all sorts of stuff and recommendations from the guru will sort you!

@AshDVS

Drwillis