XC60 How much to replace timing chain in 2013 D5

Hi, we're looking at a 2013 XC60 D5 today from a private seller. Will take to a mechanic for a check before purchase. Asked the seller about timing chain, Volvo came back to her and said it wasn't ready to be changed at service in Jan. Car's done 139,000kms. Just wondering what we'll be looking at cost wise when the time comes around for this to be changed (apparently Volvo said to do this between 150-180,000 or at 10yrs, but I want to ask Volvo myself to be sure).

Any answers would be appreciated.

Comments

• Ex850RSnoopy @Ex850R Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.

Make sure you take it to an independent Volvo tech.

Other mechanic just don't know the technicality and don't have the Volvo specific scan tool. For general advice on condition ok.

And go to independent Volvo workshops for any work.

• Thanks Snoopy. The mechanic we're taking it to today is familiar with Volvos, but I've also just had a long chat with the Volvo mechanic at Volvo Melbourne and he gave me solid advice on what to look for with auxiliary/timing and how to ask the right questions. Feeling prepared!

• Can you recommend a reasonably priced independent Volvo mechanic in Melbourne?

• Voldat

Berry motor group

Masons prestige

Any of above 3 are excellent

Ex850RGhettobird

^ this.

Much cheaper than dealer and all very nice people.

I will drive for 40 minutes across the city to take car to BMG for service, borrow a loan car and repeat to pick up. I have been going there (and VOLDAT) for a long time.

Ghettobird