2019 Nationals in Bathurst are 8-10 November, just over three months away! Make sure to register at ozvolvo.org/nationals!

Jimbo's 855 T-5R Project

Comments

• There goes yer warranty...

Nah lifetime guarantee, I'm sure he'll have no hesitation coming to sort out any problems in the sunshine :)
  • Dropped it off today hope it has a safe voyage

FPx5wG1h.jpg
  • Will you be at the Ovtober meet?
  • Will you be at the Ovtober meet?

It lands 4th October so as long as it clears customs I'll stick it on a trailer and me and the Mrs will come down for a few beers :)
  • GhettobirdJulian (@Ghettobird) Melbourne - SE Suburbs
    edited August 2016
    +1 for tint and our summers
    35% may be too dark for our legality though?
    I had thew wagon done darkest legal down in vic a number of years ago and they used a 17% film, with 35% in the boot

*Edit*
    It does appear 35% is legal, must have been relaxed in the last 4 years
  • God I hope you/your car makes it to the meet in October. This is beautiful.
  • RobRob (@Rob) - Lockyer Valley, SE Qld
    I had thew wagon done darkest legal down in vic a number of years ago and they used a 17% film, with 35% in the boot

*Edit*

17 is darker than 35 though...

35 has been the limit in QLD for as long as I can remember, not too sure about the other states but I doubt there would be much difference.
  • God I hope you/your car makes it to the meet in October. This is beautiful.

Thanks for your kind comments, I hope it makes it as well it's all down to customs clearance now so fingers crossed.
  • In other news just got my official Oz valuation on my car ........ $3200 happy days :)
  • Wow.. who gave that to you?
  • edited September 2016
    Wow.. who gave that to you?

Some "certified practicing valuer of Australian values insitute" person, according to age/milage condition via redbook. Suits me as I have to pay 10% tax on import so lower the better.
  • Oh well in that case, fantastic!
  • Ex850RSnoopy (@Ex850R) Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.
    "tell him he's dreamin , $50 at the most!"
  • Vee_QueVee_Que (@Vee_Que) South Eastern suburbs Melbourne.

*Edit*

I had the tint done on my 760 in 2007 with darkest legal, 35%...
  • Looks like it's arriving 29th September so hopefully enough time to clear customs and make national meet :)

Le3HtW0h.png
  • What's the closest campsites that people if any at are staying? don't really want to leave it unattended and uninsured on a trailer for to long unless I chain it to a tree
  • jamesincJames (@jamesinc) Oz Volvo Ice Fortress
    I think most people are staying at the Great Lakes Best Western motel. The campsite I'd recommend is on page 1 of the National Meet thread. You may prefer a caravan park, there's a couple of those in Forster too.
  • Ex850RSnoopy (@Ex850R) Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.
    It's a Volvo Jimbo, nobody steals a Volvo in Oz..... People point and giggle at us driving one.....
  • jamesincJames (@jamesinc) Oz Volvo Ice Fortress
    Please leave the UK plates on it if you still have them :p
  • It's a Volvo Jimbo, nobody steals a Volvo in Oz..... People point and giggle at us driving one.....

Fair comment lol