240 ATE or GIRLING rear brakes

amcmillsAl @amcmills Launceston, Tasmania

Hi, I'm trying to rebuild rear brake calipers on my 93 240 wagon. IPDUSA.com only gives option for ATE parts for my car but I'm pretty sure its actually Girling because it has one of these bits;

Can someone please recommend where to buy volvo 240 brake parts in Australia? Thanks.

Comments

• carnut222Greg S @carnut222 Daylesford VIC

Every 240 in AUS I’ve seen has Girling rear brakes, but there could be outliers. The USA mainly got ATE in the later years (from early 1980s onwards IIRC) because ATE calipers were the only ones that they added an integral rear axle crash snubber to and that feature was only required for a US-specific 50 mph car-to-car no fuel leakage test. If you search for earlier 240 model year rear brake parts (try 1976 for example) or even 1800ES rear Girling brakes, you should be able to find what you’re looking for.

• carnut222Greg S @carnut222 Daylesford VIC

Also depending on what you’re looking for, here’s a rebuild kit from Skandix...as you can see it says it fits 240 as well as some 140 and 1800s wth Girling rear calipers. FYI.

If you’re just looking for the pins, clips and anti-rattle plates, I think this Centric part would be it (just Google for sources):

Centric 117.39007

Ex850R