S/V/C70 Options

So, it appears I am out of look finding a running 850 hpt wagon within my budget. As I really need to buy something immediately my options are: find another hpt Volvo wagon below $10k or spend half that amount on something non-Volvo, hoping that in time an 850 will pop up.

There seems to be a few 2008/2009 V70 T6 wagons knocking around at the moment and although I've never really considered them as an option before, I find myself being quite drawn to them. I've read a few of the posts on here concerning them - some good some bad - and was hoping that maybe someone that owns one could give me feedback on what they're actually like. Y'know, day to day driving, any recurring issues, the good and the bad things etc.

This is a vehicle that I'd be looking to perform mods to over time so any advice on my options would be appreciated too.

Thanks

Comments

• SpacSpac (@Spac) Canberra-ish.

If you can’t find a decent 850 T5 for $10k, then may I suggest you aren’t looking very hard?

There’s been enough decent 850Rs advertised for less, that even I have stumbled over the ads.

And don’t forget that stupid people often forget to add the spec to their ad - if you are searching exclusively for “T5”, then you will miss a fair percentage of the available cars.

hamsandwich
  • Hey @Spac

Well maybe I'm doing something wrong then. I'm checking here, Gumtree, CarSales and even eBay. I haven't come across any - except one that got sold and one that was nowhere near worth the asking price -that I can buy, and get to the Gold Coast, for less than $10k. I'd be happy to be wrong though if you can point me in the right direction.

Cheers

• Ex850RSnoopy (@Ex850R) Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.

Talk to @iceton1975 about his two v70t6 he saved .

I have v60t6, not as simple to work on as old T5 P80 but light years ahead in comfort and options. Plus the AWD eclipses a fwd anyday.

I've thought long and hard about making a good P80 again but no..... (I've had so many P80s and worked on them but I know a fwd one will annoy me as not capable and as I had a pristine 855R manual as my first Volvo,any lesser example is not going to be cheap to make good again)

Go for V60T6 even?

• Thanks for the input @Ex850R

Yeah I've had a couple of 850s and had constant issues with both...but I just love them. To be fair, I've never driven a post-2001 V70, or any V60 for that matter, maybe I should start test driving a few.

It may be all I need to break the addiction to 850s is to find a new addiction.

Thanks

• Ex850RSnoopy (@Ex850R) Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.

I went to S/V 70s and ended with V70R 98 model which turned out to be the biggest dog of all of them I had scrapped a better v70r as had to move house...

I can honestly say the v60t6 is the most fun ever, what it can do and how it does it is what the 855R never could be.

I reckon I will never have a P80 again.

• @Ex850R fair enough. I do like the look of the V60 but they're out of my price range right now. Thanks to having just been overseas and upcoming house renovations, I have very little cash to spare. Even $10k is really pushing it at the moment.

No car = no proper work

No proper work = no budget for a decent car

Maybe I'll bite the bullet and spend around $3k on a runaround with a towbar, then just save for something I really want.

Thanks for the response though.

Ex850R
  • edited February 24

Subaru liberty b4 manual 2000 - 2004 average 3-5$ go like a cut cat and stick like shit to a blanket. Sleeperoo 2.0tt

patchyfog
  • iceton1975POM (MARK) (@iceton1975) Broadmeadows Victoria

V70 T6 are good but like all cars have there down sides with a Polestar tune or similar easy to get 240-270kw and lots more options getting produced for power out put very and the seats are mega comfortable

patchyfog
  • You actually need the full size?

Tried on a s40/v50 in manual trim with a proper suspension yet?

• No I didn't. I ended up having to bite the bullet and get a ute unfortunately. Needed a vehicle with a tow bar immediately and everything I viewed/drove was absolute sh*t.

There was a nice looking V70 T6 within budget but with no tow bar. I just didn't have the luxury of buying it, sourcing a decent priced tow bar and installing it.

Guess I'll just start saving up again, maybe 850's will drop in price by then.

Thanks for that. Didn't get to drive one but they definitely look now comfortable than the 850.

There was a Polestar tuned one in Vic for only $8k, that was pretty tempting.

Every Subaru I looked at was junk mate. I had considered them as a mate swears by them. Maybe I'm just too much of a snob when it comes to wagons.