Custom Twin-cored intercooler
- Custom one-off intercooler manufactured using 2 x standard Volvo intercoolers. Both intercoolers welded together in parallel; increasing flow capability and HP potential.
- Fits in standard location with standard fastening method (bolt-on) though I cannot be certain if it will fit without altering some other items...as-is usual with any upgraded intercooler
- The two cores have been offset-aligned to increase surface area (of external cooling air medium) through the cores
- Both intercoolers have been sonically cleaned and internal surfaces polished
- Welded aluminium end-tanks to improve sealing for high boost and also to reduce heat soak (as the aluminium will release the heat in comparison to the plastic end-tanks that have virtually no capability to radiate heat)
- Inlet and outlet tubing has not yet been welded onto the end tanks (as I was still deciding on location). Let me know where you want them and what diameter (eg: to suit 2.5” chargepipes) and can weld them into position to your specs.
- I was intending to use on my V-70 wagon however need to move and will have far less space for my projects.
- A massive mount of thought, calculations, time, effort and fabrication has gone into this.
Built by: 360 Custom Fabrication
Location: Arcadia Vale 2283, between Newcastle and Sydney
Price: $400 pick-up or + postage and packing