S/V40 Buying my first Volvo

Hi, first post, lots to learn, first Volvo soon I hope.

I am looking at getting a v40 t5 R, most probably 2013 or 2014 2.5L, with between 60,000 to 70,000 k`s on it.

Is there anything specific I need to be aware of when looking/test driving ?

Thanks😃

Comments

• Service history helps, in fact I would not dismiss a car with higher mileage if it's been serviced by the book

RubinT5RomerJon17
  • yeh ok, thank you.

• 240240 @240 Canberra

Ramrod is right except for one thing which is that Volvo don't list gearbox fluid change in the service schedule even though it should be done regularly if you want the car to last. So for that reason, probably best to avoid one with high kms.

I guess also bear in mind that while the 5 cylinder engines are pretty reliable, they aren't light on fuel by modern standards.

RubinT5
  • Thanks, not too concerned about fuel cost coming from a 4L 6cylinder turbo. Will bear in mind gearbox service. Much appeciated

• now getting a MY 17 T5 hopefully this weekend, is there a way to find out what options the car has ?

Would the car need to be connected to Vida to tell ?

😄

• 240240 @240 Canberra

Pretty sure my17 will have the 4cyl engine, you might want to do some research about them as I'm not sure they have the same proven reliability the 5cyl does

• Picked it up on Tuesday, can believe how good it is. From what I can gather 4cly is reliable, used across different models,, and from M% 15 on the T5

dmm240egadsStubanger
  • Any recommendations of where to get it serviced in Newcastle area please ?

many thanks :)