Reminder: videos and articles you find on the web all belong in the off-topic section, even if they are about Volvos.

Lost all keys - Volvo C70 1999

Good evening dear Volvo lovers,

while I was surfing they stole my bag with the only key of the a 1999 Volvo C70. Do you know how can I solve this problem and how much should that cost? The car it's in Sydney.

I have read some previous threads but they are talking about duplicates. I have no keys/remote at this point.

Thanks a lot in advance guys,

Kind regards

Filippo

Comments

• Ex850RSnoopy @Ex850R Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.

Welcome !

I hope others can chime in with a good fix but I imagine car needs to be towed to a Volvo shop. If you have insurance I would go with them because I'm thinking this is going to get complex and time consuming if not a bit expensive.

gelmo81
  • Brehon47Tiny @Brehon47 Western Sydney

Maybe send the particulars to Volvo Sweden ( with a copy of your registration certificate and the police event number and your statement). They have been very helpful when I sought radio codes.

Best of luck, Tiny

gelmo81
  • Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate your help.

In the meantime I found this website:

They are talking about $250 (us dollars) for 2 keys. But then I have to get the immobilizer thingy to get the VIN number, and for that I need to get into the car. At the moment the car it's parked in the street. So I'd need to break the car window or break the door. I already feel like I am playing GTA 😃.

So now the sub problem would be: how to break into my car without key. I guess I should find a forum of gangsters.

Thanks,

Have an awesome weekend

• Give Henry a call on 0433816688 .He is a mobile locksmith with all the electronic wizardry and has helped me out on a number 0f occasions.

gelmo81
  • OvloverPat @Ovlover Sutherland Shire, Sydney

Vin number will be on your rego paper.

gelmo81

No insurance?

Call Berry Motor group, Mark or Graham can help

gelmo81
  • 242GT242GT @242GT Illawarra NSW

Call Hugh at Allan Mackay Volvo Moss Vale in Parts, give him your Vin number from rego papers and he can organize a coded key and remote.

I've used them to get a second set of keys made, suggest you get two sets done as you only pay for the software use once.

If your cars a black badge model, even better.

gelmo81
  • Brehon47Tiny @Brehon47 Western Sydney

NRMA will get you into the vehicle then you can get them to pick it up and get it home. ..then send the VIN to your chosen locksmith.

BTW your VIN should be visible at the base of your windscreen & sometimes a front door pillar - but l defer to the OZVOLVO cognoscenti.

Tiny

• Hi guys, I just came back to say thanks a lot for all your help. I have explored all the solutions, and in the end I have used Henry 0433816688. They were able to come to the car with a van and created a couple of keys from scratch. I was really impressed. They did all of that for 500dolla.

So all good, thanks again and have a nice week.

egads