John's 1989 240 GL (GT-R) Wagon "Warick"
It's about time I posted on here about my new car which I am finally starting to get somewhere with, after Kimberley met her demise.
So the new sleigh is a 1989 Volvo 240 GL wagon, with an LH2.4 B230F and (for now) an AW71.
The previous owner Warick had a new car bought for him by his partner so this was surplus to his needs, and was the second owner.
And more recently:
So far mods include:
- 15x7 -0 Dynamic Sunraysia steelies with wheel nut indicators
- 205/65R15 Kuhmo KH27s and Toyo C100s, hammered guards
- 4wdsupacentre roof rack
- All exterior lighting changed to LED
- Custom grille I got for free off a guy's "gangster spec" 240, with eBay GT-R badge
- Kenwood KDC-BT620U, 4 x Kenwood KFC-PS1095, Alpine SWS-12D4, generic amp
I've got an Aliexpress spec MAF in the post currently, the current one has a snapped hot wire and as a result it's running extremely rich (200kms to a tank). I have a fair few other plans for it after that, some suspension work, manual steering rack and gearbox swap and some other bits and pieces but it's coming along. I'll try to post every now and again with my latest endeavours.