2019 Nationals in Bathurst are 8-10 November, just over three months away! Make sure to register at ozvolvo.org/nationals!

240 240 Front Shock Replacement

Currently I'm swapping the front shocks on my 91 240 for bilstien b6s but have hit a snag. The nut that locks the shock inside the strut tube won't tighten all the way. The shock itself doesn't seem to be sitting deep enough down in the tube and I can't get it down any further. Any suggestions as to what i might be doing wrong? The picture is of the nut done up as much as I can but its nowhere near done up all the way.

Comments

• This is a very very very very very common thing as the later 240 strut tubes have a plate welded to the bottom dis-allowing the strut to fully seat into the housing.

Either: run with them fitted how you already have (others have and they didn't die) OR

Buy the early 244 strut tubes that lack the welded in plate

BenH368
  • Exactly what @ramrod said. I’ve fitted B6 struts to 2x 93 240s and 1x91, and my dad fitted them to his 90. All same. Should be right! :)

• jamesincJames (@jamesinc) Oz Volvo Ice Fortress

Yeah I just run mine as photographed, it's never been an issue, plenty of thread engagement.

carnut222