2019 Nationals in Bathurst are 8-10 November, just over three months away! Make sure to register at ozvolvo.org/nationals!

850 Rough running and less boost 850 turbo

I went for a night drive last night with the local Volvo club. All was well until the car had a small backfire which actually didn’t sound like the usual backfire you get. It was more like a pop through the exhaust. The car then ran very rough at the lights and stalled. It started back up and ran Okeysh but noticed maybe 10% or so less and anything on the 1000 - 2000 rpm range it was about to die. I limped it home as a result. I automatically though maybe an intake hose or something like it as an issues. Couldn’t locate anything after a quick look so I locked it up overnight. This morning started up and went for a drive and all back to normal like nothing happened. Boost is fine and runs smooth and strong again. I’m lost as to what it might or might have been. Any thoughts? Car is a 850 t5r manual. Full stage 0 done not long ago and has a bsr full car back as the only mod running std boost.

Comments

• jamesincJames (@jamesinc) Oz Volvo Ice Fortress

I had similar symptoms once that turned out to be the little hose to the IAC valve having a hole

• Thanks for that. I’ll get that checked.

• Had this checked out. Looks like a turbo pipe hose has a split in it. Will get a replacement for it right away.