Chance to buy a 1999 S80 twin Turbo.

CanoeCanoe (@Canoe) Sydney,NSW.
The Volvo guy who is offering it, raves about it, Says only 200 were imported to Aust and NZ.
So the question is, is it what he says it is. Is it worth getting it, as he says they are semi rare.
He is being cagey about the price.
So whats fair, considering its not registered, which doesnt bother me. But not on the road for a few years.
Even has deer hide leather seats..lol.
And a "james bond phone" in the seat consol.
So like some feedback about it.
Thanks guys!

Comments

• Put 5k aside for rebuilding the gm 4 speed trans with performance bits and it will be an ok car

S80 v80 shits all over the tt s80 any day
    Canoebgpzfm142
  • CanoeCanoe (@Canoe) Sydney,NSW.
    Put 5k aside for rebuilding the gm 4 speed trans with performance bits and it will be an ok car

S80 v80 shits all over the tt s80 any day

So nothing really collectable about it, huh? :-)
    The guy is saying it was released at the same time as the "S80 supercar".
  • Ex850RSnoopy (@Ex850R) Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.
    Nothing rare at all.....
    Rare you don't find any at scrap yard. Or maybe rare you do as no point keeping it as nobody needs the parts .
    A good car with a single turbo conversion and as Bear said, build that gearbox it would be a good cruiser
    Phone is standard in them and useless now.
  • Seller sounds like a con artist.
    Nothing rare or collectable about them he's trying to offload a lemon. $500 car if you want to put yourself through the pain of finding out its been off the road because the gearbox has failed.
    Spac
  • What's the s80 supercar?
    Spac
  • gavinhGav (@gavinh) Parmelia, Perth
    V8 motor was released for the supercars as they have to produce a road going equivalent to enter. Correct me if I'm wrong please
  • @gavinh i dont think the v8 supercars have homologation rules anymore but this seller is claiming a 1999 s80 t6 is somehow related to the p3 v8 supercar i guess
    @gavinh i dont think the v8 supercars have homologation rules anymore but this seller is claiming a 1999 s80 t6 is somehow related to the p3 v8 supercar i guess

Yes, this is what he is claiming...and why i posted the question here, to determine if this was true. He is not a liar, but the person who sold it to him, claimed this. It runs perfectly, but his claims are based upon what was told to him. Just bad information.
  • S80 T6 built - 1999.
    First year of Volvo V8 Supercar - 2014.

No. There is no correlation.
  • SpacSpac (@Spac) Canberra-ish.
    @gavinh i dont think the v8 supercars have homologation rules anymore but this seller is claiming a 1999 s80 t6 is somehow related to the p3 v8 supercar i guess

Yes, this is what he is claiming...and why i posted the question here, to determine if this was true. He is not a liar, but the person who sold it to him, claimed this. It runs perfectly, but his claims are based upon what was told to him. Just bad information.

Might be about to come crashing back to earth if they actually believed that nonsense.

Might be about to come crashing back to earth if they actually believed that nonsense.

Yes, that will happen when i tell him this week. He is expecting a call from me. Poor guy.
  • Ex850RSnoopy (@Ex850R) Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.
    I hope he didn't buy that thing with intentions to profit. Seems he may have paid too much.
  • SpacSpac (@Spac) Canberra-ish.

Yes, that will happen when i tell him this week. He is expecting a call from me. Poor guy.

Most people will argue with you in this circumstance.
    As the saying goes, it is easier to con someone than it is to make them realise they have been conned.

Good luck!

timbobgpzfm142
  • This dude sounds almost as full of used cow food as that dickhead from Queensland, who tried to flip me Ben's former blue 144, at double the price, while lying about how long he'd owned it.
    This dude sounds almost as full of used cow food as that dickhead from Queensland, who tried to flip me Ben's former blue 144, at double the price, while lying about how long he'd owned it.

No, he was lied to.
    I spoke to him last night, and he was upset because he was lied to. But he was 73yo when he bought it. So someone took avantage of him. He was upset over that i think. But he spoke about other volvo facts, and they were wrong as well. So misinformed, and taken advantage of.
    Anyway, not buying it, even though its got "deer hide" leather seats...lol
    Spac
  • Oooooooh.

That's pretty bad.