240 Street Machine / Carnage YouTube Volvo 240 1JZ build

Comments

• Someone here used to own this car?
  • CanoeCanoe (@Canoe) Sydney,NSW.
    edited July 8
    These people need to learn about "editing". This was the most DRAWN OUT 37 mins ever!
    I was fast forwarding all the way through.
  • Vee_QueVee_Que (@Vee_Que) South Eastern suburbs Melbourne.

Canoe, the point of the video is to show the work being done. I hate cut down videos that magically make things happen .

serkbuddyglitchalphax

• Haha i'd have rather he glossed over the details of the rough as anything execution. Its a good guide on how to hack together a car...

• Vee_QueVee_Que (@Vee_Que) South Eastern suburbs Melbourne.
    edited July 12

I'd argue that he's not a mechanic, and it's meant to be not sterile, I laugh at some of it, but it's not that different to what others actually get paid to do, it's not all neat and slow work done in performance workshops if the results the same.

But no flanges on the piping hurts me and will hurt them unless they have someone to do that. I think they do, speed parts is near to me and they offer it. Edit: they did but not from whom I thought.

• It's just entertainment and not meant to be a SEMA build. Either way I think it's pretty cool to see a Volvo/1J as the focus of the show for a bit.

serkVee_Quebuddyglitch
  • SpacSpac (@Spac) Canberra-ish.

Amen.

99% of people's videos are as boring as hell.

Drawn out explanations of the inane, bloated intros, useless waffle, watching someone find a spanner... it's all as boring as hell.

I've been wondering about doing 'how to' videos that try really hard to be as short and clear as possible.

But I don't have the attention span... :)

Vee_Quebowie
  • it was mine. a nasty divorce meant it and my other cars had to go.

scotts a good bloke and has some amazing plan for the old girl. 9 sec qtrs and 700bhp....

and im back looking for a 245 to turbo ls swap. life is circular.

alphaxVee_Que
  • Always interesting to read the comments after the fact

alphaxnugget_940buddyglitchGingerNinja
  • Welcome Scotty! Bet you never thought you would join a Volvo forum. Lol.

nugget_940
  • You are right there, but I'm getting a new appreciation for them. They're surprisingly well built cars. I can see the attraction.

I keep looking for new ones. I'd like to K-swap a 142 or something. and a 240/740 wagon would be fun too.

nugget_940buddyglitchSpac
  • GhettobirdJulian (@Ghettobird) Melbourne - SE Suburbs

Im still waiting for the hoodies to be announced after the naming comp you ran in the first EP!

• Literally Telf didn't like any of the names suggested. Did you suggest Trolvo?

• Great job so far on the Trolvo @Carnage! Been watching closely and getting ideas.. Would love to see this^ in a 240 wagon! ;) The swedes are stealing our barras.. apparently 945whp

• Yeah we've been talking with the owner of that car and he's a Carnage fan.

Thanks for watching.

• GhettobirdJulian (@Ghettobird) Melbourne - SE Suburbs

Boosted moose was mine!

Been loving the series so far, nearly choked when I saw the 240 show up for the first time

Carnage
  • Yeah, despite all the niggley issues it's been a good thing.

[Not directed at you but responding to posts made by others above]

I get that not everyone is a fan of the play-by-play method we've used with this series but I thought it was useful for people to see what actually goes on with the build of car, warts and all. Spend some time in professional workshops and you will see they have all the problems we have and more, but the difference is they won't tell you about it.

All too often we see the pretty stuff in youtube builds but rarely do people show the ugly stuff. The amount of people who feel I should have just put a race cell in the boot, or just bolted the Haltech to the inner guard is truly distressing. I'm pretty happy with how upgradable the Volvo 240 platform is, Bosch 044 pump? no worries, brand new tank for a 35 year old car? No problems, Comprehensive and accessible fuse panel to work with? love it!

Hopefully the Trolvo will get it's new exhaust while we're at Drag Challenge next week so we can come back and put it on the dyno.

dmmegadspigdogbuddyglitchalphaxds245GingerNinja
  • I'm a big fan of the detailed informative approach. I nearly used some of those transcooler clips that you guys intially had fail. I thought they were flimsy too and opted for a stronger option after watching that ep.. Saved me time and hassle. Little things like that are really valuable. Different strokes, I guess.

• I've had two set of those cheap clips fail now. If we can help people make their builds better than job done.

We're not pretending to be everything to everyone, but I love it when people discover something new.

buddyglitchegads