S/V/C70 P80 V70XC front shockies

gavinhGav (@gavinh) Parmelia, Perth
edited June 26 in Troubleshooting
Just a quick question, my drivers side shock looks to have blown a seal, going through the Haynes manual and online it looks like ou can only replace the strut assy?? Or can you just replace the damper?




  • Its a complete strut. You'll need some spring compressors and its worth doing strut top/bearing while you have it apart.
  • gavinhGav (@gavinh) Parmelia, Perth
    That's a bugger you can't buy the inserts, done the spring sears and strut tops about 15 months ago
  • Ex850RSnoopy (@Ex850R) Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.
    Will need new top hardware by now too.....it's a P80.....
    Do the other bushes and links while there....
  • @gavinh replacing the inserts would be the same amount of work. You can get oem sachs shocks from sandwood or see @AshDVS for upgrade options. The ride height increase comes from the springs so you can run any p80 shocks apart from v70r that have a lower spring seat
  • gavinhGav (@gavinh) Parmelia, Perth
    @timbo cool man, thanks
  • Ex850RSnoopy (@Ex850R) Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.
    Go for koni if you can. Good long life.
Sign In or Register to comment.