2019 Nationals in Bathurst are 8-10 November, just over three months away! Make sure to register at ozvolvo.org/nationals!

Comments

• IIRC the 1996 cars were low pressure turbos.

Wish there was an engine bay pic, it looks nice - and has only 142K km on her.
  • Argh.... why am I so tempted to own a 940 wagon again
  • Because they were the last real volvo
  • Ex850RSnoopy (@Ex850R) Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.
    Bloody ripper!
  • Nice...VicRoads rego check says B230FK...VIN is odd: 6T9REPV97S101X065
    xzo4leepzj0l.jpeg
    ALVO360
  • Private import code I think
    carnut222
  • Pommyland import

We never got the 940 classic here UK market only

Also the VIN is the importers VIN not the volvo build VIN
    carnut222egadsbgpzfm142
  • B230FK! So, a low mileage LPT.
    Argh.... why am I so tempted to own a 940 wagon again

Yabut yours had a B6304 though. @paul0075 has borrowed my spare 940 NA wagon to go Tassie touring, now that Operation Retrieve is partially done, and after 1000+ kays in it, he said it's nicer to drive than the 240 wagon in some respects. That NA wagon will be +t eventually, since I have many spare bits to do this now, but I digress.

This Brunswick car looks like a good deal for the money, if she's free of rust. There's far worse ways to spend $4K.
    carnut222
  • 240240 (@240) Canberra
    If it's a UK import then the speedo must have been changed, as it would have been in MPH. So it could have more kms.
    Still a tidy car though
  • deNsdeNs (@deNs) Melbourne, VIC
    With that rear numberplate holder I would've guessed it was a Jap import, which would explain the KM/H dash I suppose.
    240egads
  • PaddlerEdPaddler Ed (@PaddlerEd) New England Region, NSW
    +1 to @240's comment

So, I'd agree with @deNs and the other comment re the importer VIN from @ramrod

Most of the run outs in the UK were badged as Torslanda (240, 940), but I can't remember what they did for the last of the 940's with an LPT. They did badge the P80 V70 as a Classic at run out (that was what my red one was).
  • deNsdeNs (@deNs) Melbourne, VIC
    In the UK some of the last 940 LPT's (i.e. circa 1998) were "Celebration" models and had things like clear indicators front/rear, 15" alloys and the like (B230FK/M90L2 et al). There might've been some other models but that's the extent of my knowledge.
  • PaddlerEdPaddler Ed (@PaddlerEd) New England Region, NSW
    In the UK some of the last 940 LPT's (i.e. circa 1998) were "Celebration" models and had things like clear indicators front/rear, 15" alloys and the like (B230FK/M90L2 et al). There might've been some other models but that's the extent of my knowledge.

That's the badge... I had a look at one, and from the VIN they'd literally thrown the parts bin at it...
    deNs
  • I contacted the seller today, to arrange for my buddy to go take a look for me. Unfortunately I was caller number 2.
    The first guy took a look, and left saying he would think about it. The seller contacted me saying still for sale, but unfortunately it sold before we could get a look. I assume the first guy went back.

Was it someone on here? It looked tidy in the photos, so likely a nice score

Pictures the seller sent me

znmnffqxx67r.jpg
    yx6rxgp3vasn.jpg
    kwgkis3l1zff.jpg
    kh939oyw5q4t.jpg
  • I ride past this 940 everyday. It was in immaculate condition and hardly moved. Whoever bought got a great deal.
  • If it was Japan spec it would have at least one label in the engine bay with some kanji on it
    Also the dash would have the awesome "danger the cat is hot" light that was unique to the Japan market
  • This item appears to have been sold.
This discussion has been closed.