Oz Volvo Nationals 8-10 November - register today! ozvolvo.org/nationals

240 1975 auto 244DL relays

Brehon47Tiny (@Brehon47) Western Sydney
edited June 9 in Wanted
Who can supply (new preferred) relays to suit my 244DL? They are on the firewall - please quote cost plus postage. Thanks, Tiny Castle Hill

Comments

• Your car is a 1975 244 not 1974
  • Brehon47Tiny (@Brehon47) Western Sydney
    Quite so Ramrod - confused it with my 144GL
  • jamesincJames (@jamesinc) Oz Volvo Ice Fortress
    Who can supply (new preferred) relays to suit my 244DL? They are on the firewall - please quote cost plus postage. Thanks, Tiny Castle Hill
    Can you clarify what relays you are referring to? The large silver headlight relay?
    edited June 11
    860vi3i8bvsc.png
    Thanks James: there are three, each 20A Bosch. The NRMA bloke told me they were the reason my 244DL would not start. Given that they should not be very expensive I thought I'd replace them and see if he was correct. they are positioned slightly to the passenger side in plain view. Tiny
  • jamesincJames (@jamesinc) Oz Volvo Ice Fortress
    They look like standard mini relays to me, take them off (remember which is which) and go to AutoOne or Supercheap and get replacements (Narva brand is usually fine). I can't really see what's in your photos as it looks like you've added a screenshot of the thumbnail of the photo, rather than the photo itself.
    egads
    Thanks James - IT is not my forté. I'll do as you suggest. Tiny
    James - these photos should now be the right size. Thank you for your patience. I'll get them this afternoon Tiny
    3wdh1de5cwf1.jpg
    ob5dxc0jprk7.jpg
    36q8cpwdtei4.jpg