VIC Volvo 740 turbo wagon $6000

JamesMJamesM (@JamesM) Melbourne
edited November 5 in For sale

Uo for sale is my 1988 740 turbo wagon.

The good:
Manual gearbox, 531 head ported with upgraded valve springs, the lost art of chips, DVS adjustable cam gear, whiteline sway bars front and rear, wasted spark ignition, new leads, to4e turbo, kaplhenke coilovers all round, 3" straight through exhaust, bluetooth touchscreen, Davies Craig efan installed.
Dog gate in rear, sounds great and has nice dose and gargle on deceleration.
Comes with 3 x 17" peugeot 407 steelies was going to track down a 4th and build wide wheels for it, walbro 255 intank pump, momo steering hub, spare head, relays, heaps of random spare parts.

The bad: suffered coolant loss the other day but car didnt overheat - guage read 120'c when switched off.
This was due to me forgetting to reset the breaker after upgrading the headlight harness relays.

Now having a cold start issue.
Needs new radiator.
1st gear crunches a little when cold.
Car is rough around the edges with scratches and dings but a solid base for someone more mechanically inclined than me.
Was built to be 300whp beast.
Need a reliable work car.

Pm for more info.
On club reg which cannot be transferred but easy to get rwc.

Comments

• Here's some images of the car:
    imgur.com/a/ubEq5hy
  • Saw your car a couple of weeks ago bro. I was heading for my 740 after walking out of The Northern Hospital and your badass exhaust attracted my attention when you were driving past. By the time I got up and going you were gone. You must have given it some stick. They're not bad machines.

Mine
    rf4oize8qhnq.jpg
    JamesMgoodenoughbgpzfm142
  • Saw your car a couple of weeks ago bro. I was heading for my 740 after walking out of The Northern Hospital and your badass exhaust attracted my attention when you were driving past. By the time I got up and going you were gone. You must have given it some stick. They're not bad machines.

Mine
    rf4oize8qhnq.jpg

Nice car bro! Yeah I was working on the plumbing there for a few weeks till they moved me into the city.
    goodenough
  • Open to offers.
    No low balling
  • Bump
  • Bump car is reduced due to a cold start issue and me not having money or time to diagnose and fix.

Should be simple like needing a new radiator, possibly a fuel reg or pump which I have to go with the car uninstalled.

• @JamesM

Can you update the pics? Don't seam to be working any more

JamesM
  • Car had one of the front splitters come off on the highway somewhere so took the other side off too. Will come with car.