EOI 240 Turbo Conversion

124»

Comments

• @buddyglitch your advise was all good. Computers plug in, run the 850 injectors extend the maf wiring. You will need to keep the 240 accessories so keep the 240 loom.
    940s run different p/s and alternator setup
    buddyglitchVee_Que
  • Awesome feedback guys. Just what I needed to hear.

Following up on the injectors also.

Any other mechanical parts or cosmetic that I should keep from the 940?

Cam
  • pineappleben (@pineapple) Northern beaches NSW
    Awesome feedback guys. Just what I needed to hear.

Following up on the injectors also.

Any other mechanical parts or cosmetic that I should keep from the 940?

Cam

If it’s got an efan setup, either use it in the 240 or at least hold on to it, people use them all the time
  • Ok. Copy that. Ill put it in a box.

What about the exhaust? Is it translatable to the 240 shape or will I need a custom? (An excuse to have a 3in system made me thinks!)
    Ok. Copy that. Ill put it in a box.

What about the exhaust? Is it translatable to the 240 shape or will I need a custom? (An excuse to have a 3in system made me thinks!)

You can hack it up to get the right angle and reweld it (the downpipe) or go custom. Classic Swede has a 2.5” stainless mandrel bent downpipe made for rhd

https://www.classicswede.co.uk/index.aspx?pageid=1733344&prodid=14303337

Otherwise any decent exhaust shop should be willing to do up a 3” system.

Handy trick for extra downpipe clearance is flipping the steering column bush over to the other side, so that it’s further away from the motor
    The rest of the exhaust after the downpipe you’ll be wanting custom
  • Ok. No better time to do it I spose.

Cam
  • Yep, tbh downpipe is probably the hardest part. Find a competent shop to fab you up one and make sure they clear the steering column by about 15mm. When the engine torques up it moves a hell of a lot and can foul against it. My engine mounts are pretty toast, so my 3" pipe is just touching on full throttle. I've ordered some reinforced engine mounts which should help - probably a good idea for these engines if you're going turbo anyway.
    pineappletimbo
  • Thanks for the advice. Im lucky to have an amazing fabricator which puts my mind at ease. Ill be sure let him know about the consideration of engine tilt. It has new mounts so should work.

Whats involved in the steering knuckle flip? Im sure its obvious looking at it but just gauging whats involved.
  • edited June 8
    Yeah, took me about 15 mins. Having said that my turbo and manifold weren't hung yet, they might get in the way. Just unbolt the left steering rack u-bolt (2 bolts under crossmember) and top and bottom steering column u-joints to loosen bushing. Grab a hammer and extension and tap the bottom u-joint down until bushing/rod pops out. Re-install upside down. if that makes sense? WD-40 will help
  • Ok great.
    Looks like its going to happen at the end of next week for 5 full days at the mechanic.

Hes usually pretty good a taking a few photos so I will male sure to update this or a new thread.

Pretty pumped.
    timbobuddyglitch
  • Another potential concern. Are there immobilisers of any electronic cut offs I need to take car of to make sure its all run?

No security coding in the ecu etc? I dont there there are but just making sure to cross it off the check list.
  • No

Plug and play
  • Vee_QueVee_Que (@Vee_Que) South Eastern suburbs Melbourne.
    What year 940t are you using? If it's a 94 or 95, the piping and intercooler are not compatible.
  • What year 940t are you using? If it's a 94 or 95, the piping and intercooler are not compatible.

Wasn't that the case for 1992 forward? That's the centre in and out intercooler start year
  • 95 940s

Aso looks like we are leaning towards +T the FX engine to save on time and other small issues.
  • Best place to get inlet and exhaust gaskets around Sydney?

Cam
  • edited June 12
    Best place to get inlet and exhaust gaskets around Sydney?

Cam

Sandwood trading can have them to you overnight 03 9898 0314
  • Awesome thank you for the number.

Will bell them in the AM.