1974 144 B20 crank pulley for A/C - help identify part

Hi brains trust. A club member rang me today in need of a replacement crank pulley for their A/C-equipped 74 144. Pics of the correct pulley from their car attached. Also pic from 73-on parts book for 144 which states the pulley should be 2 pieces. These two parts are available new from GCP but I hesitate to suggest they order them as they may not fit. They were sent a pulley from Voldat but it was incorrect for their car (had a small centre hole). Any suggestions grateful and I will pass on. I suggested maybe the pulley is aftermarket installed locally when A/C installed? Apparently it has a crack - I suggested maybe a machinist could weld and repair or make a new one.
8orkphs1hq9e.jpeg
04lef6u1ntgu.jpeg
lhmb56alno3e.jpeg

Comments

• 1971_144GL1971_144GL (@1971_144GL) Launceston, Tasmania
    This is the correct part that comes with the Volvo kit. There is also a two part version. Both are rare to. I have never seen one that doesn't have a hairline crack in the corner of the keyway. Both of my spares have it. There is a similar early 240 version with a small hole. It sits on a spacer hub that fits on the end of the Crank and acts as the oil seal surface. Perhaps they were cracking early on and this is the updated version?
    carnut222bgpzfm142
  • This is the correct part that comes with the Volvo kit. There is also a two part version. Both are rare to. I have never seen one that doesn't have a hairline crack in the corner of the keyway. Both of my spares have it. There is a similar early 240 version with a small hole. It sits on a spacer hub that fits on the end of the Crank and acts as the oil seal surface. Perhaps they were cracking early on and this is the updated version?
    Thanks for that feedback. I’ve passed it on to the owner.