The forums were recently upgraded, and this may alter behavior or break things. If you notice problems, check and report them in this thread

Volvo V50 T5 R-design for sale

edited June 29 in For sale
Sold
patchyfog

Comments

• Man - if that had come up a month ago...
  • 240240 (@240) Canberra
    So much want! If I hadn't bought my C30 I'd be onto this.

@cubic25 I reckon you're short changing yourself a bit to be honest. A family member paid more than that for a stock, non R design model. I mean you could probably even get $15k if you were patient.

Are you selling it with the Elevate intercooler that you mentioned in your build thread?
  • Selling it with everything as is. Intercooler, tune, intake, dump pipe, etc....

I want it to be a quick sale and people don't generally pay more for modified cars.
    Spacegads
  • 240240 (@240) Canberra
    Fair enough.

If you want to sell the intercooler by itself I'll buy it from you, but that's probably not going to help you sell it quickly so I understand if you want to sell it as is.

Can you comment on what the ride quality is like with your suspension setup? I'm considering a similar setup on the C30.
  • 240 (@240) wrote: »

Can you comment on what the ride quality is like with your suspension setup? I'm considering a similar setup on the C30.

Awesome. It's hard to describe, but I would say solid. Before this setup, I had a king springs and Koni yellows. With that, it felt harsh and hollow, if that makes sense.
    With this setup, it feels firm and solid. (Still talking about suspension).
    You feel every bump in the road, but it doesn't vibrate and shake the entire chassis like it used to.
  • 240240 (@240) Canberra
    Interesting. I've driven a C30 that had Eibach springs but stock shocks which was OK but a little harsh.
    Do you think the upgrade in handling is worth the firmer ride? At the moment my C30 is super comfortable but also not bad in terms of handling, I'm almost tempted to leave it that way being a daily driver.
  • Depends what you're after. I couldn't stand the look of the stock height and the only way to fix that is to drop it.
    I also wanted it to feel sharper. Unfortunately, the trade off was comfort, but I was happy with that at the time.
  • I've had a few phone calls and messages about this, but no real interest. I think the mods are hurting any potential sales, because I think it is actually very reasonably priced.
    Any thoughts?
  • Ex850RSnoopy (@Ex850R) Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.
    I'd put std airbox in and the pictures of front seats all look bad , the leather looks damaged. Dunno if it would put peeps off but you never know. Adjust t he graininess of the photo.
    An air filter sitting there looks cheap and nasty.
    Make it look like a wife wouldn't mind driving it and a bloke might buy it for her.
    I think you could even remove the mention of the suspension mods too.....
    Give it a try.

But really, nobody is buying cars ....
    I've looked at some for daughters friend, the prices are just too much for crap. So, make yours look safe and user friendly and have a better shot?
    cubic25
  • 240240 (@240) Canberra
    edited May 29
    Interesting to hear. I was helping a family member find a V50 about a year ago and most of them were more expensive than yours, and didn't last all that long.

I think your price is definitely reasonable, but wagons in general are not sought after as people want SUV's, so it might just be a case of being patient. I think it might be a case where price isn't the main issue, it's just that the potential market is fairly niche.
  • Not sure if auto helps or hurts it
  • Any thoughts?

FWIW, if you were in Sydney I'd definitely be keen to take it off your hands.
    cubic25
  • I tend to agree with @240 I think non-SUV Volvos are becoming more niche - but I also think in general non-SUV anything don't sell like they used to. I've seen a lot of potentially great looking used cars just sit there for weeks doing nothing
  • edited May 30
    Thanks for the comments guys. Ad has been edited.
    The wierd thing about the photos is that they look fine on my phone, but a few people have said that the seats looked shite.
    Let me know how they look now. I softened the pics a bit.
    Any mention of mods has also been removed.

EDIT: Stock airbox can't be put back unless I get a wrecker one.
  • Any thoughts?

Sydney is only a cheap plane ticket away.....
    bowie
  • Ex850RSnoopy (@Ex850R) Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.
    Any thoughts?

Or some hundreds to ship it....
    If you add up cost of flight to there,the fuel b ask and lost time wages having it delivered is much easier.
  • Plus I could take some $$$ off due to not having to get roady and rego.
  • pastryPastry (@pastry) Mittagong NSW
    Ooh - I love it!

GLWS mate
  • AshDVSAsh (@AshDVS) - Geelong, VIC
    Any thoughts?

Absolutely, I bought a Skoda Octavia RS from Canberra back in April.
    Flew up Saturday morning, hung out with friends and picked up the car, went out for dinner, stayed at their place overnight, drove home Sunday. Easy peasy.
    cubic25
  • What type of auto does it have? AW50-55