2019 Nationals in Bathurst are 8-10 November, just over three months away! Make sure to register at ozvolvo.org/nationals!

240 Riddle me this. LH2.4

RobRob (@Rob) - Lockyer Valley, SE Qld
ok. am after some assistance in understanding LH2.4.

I want to install a B230 in an Amazon.
At this stage I do not have anything other than a complete engine and gearbox.

Just need to know which vehicles I will find it in and exactly what I should rob from the donor vehicle.

My understanding at this stage is that I will need:
Engine wiring harness.
Fuel Computer and Ignition Computer
LH2.4 Flywheel and RPM sensor
Idle air motor (maybe)
MAF
Coolant temp sensor
LH2.4 Greentop injectors and resistor pack

I will also need a suitable fuel supply setup.

I have also read that I will need an electronic speedo setup?? Does the L.H2.4 ecu require a speed sensor input or is the diff sensor just for the speedo.

edit: have just read that you can run a 2.2 throttle and not run the 2.4 idle air motor, this negates the need to run the electronic speed sensor.

Comments

• jamesincJames (@jamesinc) Oz Volvo Ice Fortress
    edited April 28
    The ECU does require a speed signal input (and that input is not directly the signal from the diff sensor, it's a different signal processed by the instrument cluster. Without the speed input you'll get a high idle after driving.
    Rob (@Rob) wrote: »
    ok. am after some assistance in understanding LH2.4.
    edit: have just read that you can run a 2.2 throttle and not run the 2.4 idle air motor, this negates the need to run the electronic speed sensor.
    Yup this is correct.

If you don't want to deal with a resistor pack, just run any other high impedance injector (N/A: yellow tops, Turbo: P80 red tops or orange tops)

You'll also need an O2 sensor and a throttle position sensor and a knock sensor.

The easiest harnesses to work with come from 240s. Make sure you take the engine loom and the secondary loom that runs from the driver's footwell (where the ECU is) to the passenger side firewall where it joins the engine loom.
    Dauntless