2019 Nationals in Bathurst are 8-10 November, just over three months away! Make sure to register at ozvolvo.org/nationals!

[sold][Pickles] 850R - Vic

240240 (@240) Canberra
edited March 13 in RADAR

Comments

• The last of the 850r was in1997?
    This is a 2000 model apparently
  • 240240 (@240) Canberra
    Pickles get that stuff wrong all the time, there's no way it's a 2000.
  • Ex850RSnoopy (@Ex850R) Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.
    That's obvious.
  • iceton1975POM (MARK) (@iceton1975) Broadmeadows Victoria
    I sold it then a guy spent shit loads on then I bought it back sold it again Hit a wombat and took out the engine sump motor required Its not a good car the owner that just damaged it did not maintain it.
    jamesincToomanyVolvos
  • jamesincJames (@jamesinc) Oz Volvo Ice Fortress
    Yeah really not a great candidate for saving. Good for a part out maybe
  • Yeah really not a great candidate for saving. Good for a part out maybe

Aren't all "R's" worth saving? After all there's hardly any left. Busted sump and engine is not a reason to turn this into a sardine can. @iceton1975 what sort of neglect did the previous owner expose this to that it might be the end for this car?
  • Ex850RSnoopy (@Ex850R) Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne.
    If it goes cheap, then what needs to be done that doesn't always need done on an 850 anyway?
    When my R got totalled by the young pretty thing using it to stop her granddads magna, it was a $9K repair for insurance or payout. Car was perfect apart from that damage but I couldn't do it, I knew it wouldn't be the same.
    A possum or wombat hit? Nothing that can't be fixed. But, interiors are non existent, retrimming seats is not cheap.
    If the bones are good then it's a project for someone..
  • This item appears to have been sold.
This discussion has been closed.