2019 Nationals in Bathurst are 8-10 November, just over three months away! Make sure to register at ozvolvo.org/nationals!

S/V40 Now at the Wreckers - (The End of) New Owner - S40 2.4i R-Design MY2009

Comments

• Having recovered the hoodlining in our V50 recently, I can advise that there are a couple of unused wires up there - I guess run for markets that have different interior light setups or something. You could use ine of those - but might mean dropping the hoodlining.
  • edited May 14
    you will need to use one of the empty fuse holders in the cem module (under glovebox)

Thanks Tim for the pointer. Question, the sockets for the empty fuse holders are blanks. Do I need to cut away the plastic to find a pathway for a circuit, or can I just take power off say the Electrical socket fuse (#45, 15amp fuse, top row third from the left)?

tjpyjokisi51.jpg
  • Turbo models have some spare fuses. Easiest option would be to fit one of the micro fuse jumpers from jaycar on the fuse for the 12v auxiliary socket.

https://www.jaycar.com.au/double-mini-blade-fuse-socket-wire-tap/p/SF5125
    engellion
  • edited May 14
    Having recovered the hoodlining in our V50 recently, I can advise that there are a couple of unused wires up there - I guess run for markets that have different interior light setups or something. You could use ine of those - but might mean dropping the hoodlining.

Yeah, I see that. This is what I've worked out. Mine is a model without a sunroof, or alarm system so there is no wiring for what would be control buttons in the roof light assembly for the sunroof and for the "Reduced alarm" switch (disables internal motion sensors). Other than splicing, I have nothing spare at that end.

In the centre of the roof there is a spare cable assembly with a green plug for the alarm/motion sensors option. As there is no alarm/motion sensors system, the green plug has nothing to plug into, so I thought I could tap into the power from this assembly.

Would that upset things if I did?
  • edited May 15
    Oooh,does it need to be sitting out in view? Bit ugly....

OK Snoopy ( @Ex850R ). Check these out. I relocated the Bluetooth adapter/mic to inside the roof light console. Fits nicely and totally out of sight. Mic lines up with factory mic grill on roof light cover. It was serendipitous that the centre lug for the lamp cover is translucent. The adapter's blue light shines through giving an almost factory feel to it. Steady Blue light indicates all is well. Phone paired and connected.

Because the Commander wheel needs "line of sight" to the adapter or pretty much so, I mounted it on the outside of the roof light assembly. It is out of eye-line, so not an eyesore. To answer calls, just push the centre button. Hand motion will be up instead of across or down, and eyes pretty much stay on the road.

I'm happy with it for now. 😊

Thanks to tim ( @timbo) for the advice on the fuse splitter. I took it off the 12 volt socket fuse.

adq6c3l5ere5.jpg

hindm9cs9daw.jpg
    timbo
  • edited May 15
    Here's a few progress shots:

Thanks to Jaycar for this

kgm49pya2zmx.jpg

and this

572ocezcibdl.jpg

Didn't need the wired fuse, so cut that and changed the terminal ends.

nd212ozeye5r.jpg

6a8t0030d15z.jpg
  • edited May 15
    Used the original 15 amp fuse for the 12volt socket, added a 5 amp fuse for the USB power circuit.

hi8qcs1kmd3p.jpg
  • Found a nearby earth for the USB circuit.

utnqan1tqbhh.jpg
  • Utilised my Bunnings 3m plastic electrical cable feeder to feed the cable for the USB adapter from the roof light hole across to and down the A-pillar. It was a bit tricky. Ended up feeding it back to the centre roof hole first (the one for the motion sensors/alarm system (which I don't have)) , then fed it across to the A-pillar. Once I had two ends of the cable protruding from the roof, just slid it all towards the front, then ran it down the A-pillar.

pta13mmphzl6.jpg
    Ex850RtimboChris
  • Looks much neater nice work Paul
    engellion
  • Looks much neater nice work Paul

Thanks Tim. Your suggestion was key. 😊
  • Here's a few more showing the USB 5v adapter l8y3f7exmujh.jpg

The Sony Bluetooth adapter with built in mic
    wdpthc5vnlu4.jpg

And here all tucked away
    8gyrd43xbogw.jpg
  • Rear ended on Friday. Early word from panel beaters:it's a write off. $9200 for parts before any labour. 😥ql6k065awoqa.jpg
  • Sorry for your loss :-(
    engellion
  • AshDVSAsh (@AshDVS) - Geelong, VIC
    Nasty.
    That's borked for sure.
  • edited June 2
    Deleted 😂
  • 240240 (@240) Canberra
    @ToomanyVolvos I can't see much point in doing that at this point in time... Did you actually read the thread?
    timbo
  • edited June 2
    Oh, yes I did. Page one.... Didn't see it had rolled over to page TWO! For some reason the APP initially only showed page one only when I clicked on it, unsure why?

Now I've seen page 2.... Sadly the END. Hope you had an agreed value and not "market".