[sold] ‘84 240 GL with M47, IPD, DVS, Bilstein, KG +more - $2000 ONO

240JoeJoe (@240Joe) Geelong, Victoria
edited January 11 in For sale
Selling due to lack of time and motivation to work on cars. The car was daily driven for 5 years and spent about a year doing monthly motorkhanas and Khanacrosses on the smooth gravel tracks at the Geelong Motorsport complex.

The engine and gearbox were removed about 4 years ago and the car has sat in my shed for that time. The plan was to put a low km 2.1L engine in to replace the old 2.3L engine, and as you can see in the pics the M47 has been bolted up in preparation for installation.

The buyer is welcome to the 2.1, old 2.3 B230E and/or another 500k km ’84 B230E.

The car handles extremely well and has a long list of original and aftermarket parts:
• M47 – with new bearings
• IPD 25mm sways - front and rear
• DVS special springs up front and Kings lowering on the rear
• Bilstein HD shocks all round (equivalent to Australian Bilstein B6s) travelled about 20k km
• DVS under chassis braces
• Polyurethane torque rod bushes
• Extractors and exhaust system approx. 5000kms old – 2 mufflers so not loud at all but gives a nice note
• Lightened flywheel
• KG adjustable camshaft gear (sourced from DVS)
• Volvo Momo steering wheel – in great condition
• Aries wheels x7 (15x6 wheels from 940s) at least 4 have good tyres
• DVS sump guard
• ‘Short throw shifter’ modified gear leaver
• Windscreen approx. 5000km old
• Flat bonnet and GLE grille
• GLE waistline trim
• GLE gauge cluster with ambient temp, voltage and fuel
• Boot release in glovebox
• Pioneer stereo with 6x9 speakers in the parcel shelf and 4”in the front
• Excellent lights all round
• Excellent (9.5/10) front seats - ’84 blue GL trim. The best looking 240 seat IMO

The not so good things;
• It needs the engine put back in
• The speedo doesn’t work due to the M47 swap – you could swap the diff and gauge cluster for the electronic speed sensor (I have a cluster and the wiring) or use a phone speedo app. Or I have a M46 with associated parts here that you could put in.
• The paint on the roof isn’t great.

If there are no serious takers by mid-January I’ll be parting the car and scraping the body, which will be a real shame but I need the space.

I also have a huge amount of spares available.

Pick up Geelong.

tnaJG0Ih.jpg

RQnuMaoh.jpg

6Yrq7nAh.jpg

CjaVLuLh.jpg

HDNeDLyh.jpg

HAcrzgfh.jpg

ssIL4Qah.jpg

tcoRtiwh.jpg

lplFd8xh.jpg

xKijzrrh.jpg

y7KcQ6ih.jpg